MSD 8728 Soft Touch Rev Limiter Control for HEI
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Soft Touch Rev Control, PN 8728, is designed to be used on standard points ignition or inductive ignition systems. This means that the PN 8728 can be installed on engines with a GM HEI Ignition, Ford or Chrysler electronic ignition, any standard breaker points systems or even with an MSD 5 or Blaster Ignition (non-CD ignitions). The RPM Limiter is adjusted with plug-in modules and is supplied with 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules. When the engine reaches your set rpm, the Soft Touch circuitry kicks in and drops the spark to certain cylinders. This rpm limiter produces very accurate and smooth, backfire-free rev limits.
- Can be used on 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines with inductive ignitions
- Adjusted with plug-in modules
- Includes 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules
- No MSD ignition control box required
547-8728 Instructions (PDF)
- IMCA approved for use in Northern Sport Mods using a crate engine and original HEI distributor, but must be used with a 6200 chip to be legal.