Apparel & Gifts
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
SAME DAY SHIPPING! Most orders ship within 24 hours.
Add to Cart
Add to Build List
Item XXXXXXXX is on BACKORDER. We will ship it when it becomes available. Press "Continue" to add this item to your cart.
If you'd like to receive an email notification when this item is back in stock enter your email here:
To return to the page click "Cancel".
Not what you're looking for?
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
This distributor was designed for the rigors of oval track racing. Built of 6061-T6 aluminum and features two magnetic pick-ups. This allows you to run two separate ignition systems and switch to the second system if the first fails, without a timing change. Must be used with MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 series boxes. Fits small block Chevy V8.
- Dual magnetic pickups are placed 180° apart to provide a complete redundant ignition system for racing applications
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- 0.500” steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and an extra long sintered bushing
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be installed for oil pressure control (modified blocks only)
- Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor and accepts a Cap-A-Dapt
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
547-8356 Instructions (PDF)