MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (1)
What's in the Box
Save BIG during Happy HolleyDays! For a limited time receive up to 20% off select Holley, Demon, Earls, Flowtech, Hooker, Mallory, Mr. Gasket, MSD, NOS, Quick Time, and Weiand products. Sale prices valid thru 12/31/16.
This distributor was designed for the rigors of oval track racing. Built of 6061-T6 aluminum and features two magnetic pick-ups. This allows you to run two separate ignition systems and switch to the second system if the first fails, without a timing change. Must be used with MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 series boxes. Fits small block Chevy V8.
- Dual magnetic pickups are placed 180° apart to provide a complete redundant ignition system for racing applications
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- 0.500” steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and an extra long sintered bushing
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be installed for oil pressure control (modified blocks only)
- Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor and accepts a Cap-A-Dapt
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
547-8356 Instructions (PDF)
This product has no reviews.