MSD 8433 Distributor Cap - HEI Type Terminals
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
MSD molds their most popular distributor caps in-house. This cap is injection molded from DuPont Rynite material and features spark plug-style terminals. The terminals offer improved locking connections and the Rynite material is extremely strong with excellent dielectric properties. Plus, most caps have an optional wire retainer that is supplied with these caps to lock the wires in place.
Includes a girdle for retaining the wires to the cap. MSD has used this new design on many distributors built since the summer of 2002. Has HEI-Type terminals, rather than socket-type. Can be used in place of the older design.
547-8433 Instructions (PDF)
- If you are upgrading from a points socket style cap you will need to change your boots and terminals.
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8445 Cap-A-Dapt KitPrice: $54.99More Info
MSD 84335 Distributor Cap and Rotor KitPrice: $36.99More Info
MSD 8467 Points Type Racing RotorPrice: $9.99More Info
If the new Pro-Cap doesn't work on your application, these MSD Cap-A-Dapts will do the trick. The MSD Cap-A-Dapt adapts a large, Ford style cap onto your MSD distributor. This large cap spaces the spark plug terminals farther apart which lessens the chances of cross-fire and ionization occurring. Spark plug-style terminals are used on the cap for tight connections that will not vibrate loose.
The Cap-A-Dapts will install on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors (except the Ford FE). Kits are supplied with a high quality cap with brass terminals, rotor and cap spacer.
547-8445 Instructions (PDF)
The cap and rotor of any ignition system must be considered maintenance items. Just as you change the oil and filter of your car, you should always replace the cap and rotor as a set. To make things easy, we now offer these Cap and Rotor Replacement Kits.
This MSD Cap (MSD #84335) fits all of the MSD Distributors that use the GM Socket sytle cap (MSD #8437). It will also fit GM Distributors that use a "window" style cap.
Cap MSD# 8433:
- DuPont Rynite material
- Spark plug-style terminals with improved locking connection
- Optional wire retainer with caps to lock the wires in place
- HEI-Type terminals, rather than socket-type
- Can be used in place of the older design
Rotor MSD# 8467:
- Standard on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors
- Injection molded from Rynite material for incredible strength and high dielectric properties
- Stainless steel/brass rotor trip - screwed in place to handle extreme rpm and high heat conditions
- Deep molded vanes to stir up the air inside the cap to prevent spark ionization
- Screws are set deep in the housing to prevent spark scatter
These rotors are designed with high rpm and performance in mind which is why they are standard on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors. Both rotors are injection molded from Rynite material for incredible strength and high dielectric properties. Plus the stainless steel/brass rotor trip is also screwed in place so it can handle extreme rpm and high heat conditions.
The rotors feature deep molded vanes to stir up the air inside the cap to prevent spark ionization. The rotor screws are set deep in the housing to prevent spark scatter.
547-8467 Instructions (PDF)