MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
The Chevrolet HEI Distributor is a favorite for muscle cars, street rods and even circle track racers. The integrated coil keeps underhood wiring clean, and for race cars, the idea of running one wire to the distributor keeps things simple. However, when it comes to performance, the stock HEI falls short. The MSD Pro-Billet HEI picks up where a stock HEI falls short with a digital module and high output coil, so there is plenty of spark energy combined with improved dwell and timing control. Ready to install in your engine!
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can easily be locked out
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Supplied with a 7.5 amp, single spark, inductive discharge ignition module
- Epoxy filled 42,000 Volt coil with .31 OHMs resistance
- Full spark energy output to 9,000 RPM
- Supplied with brass terminal distributor cap and rotor
- Iron distributor gear
- Includes three sets of springs and four stop bushings
- Dial in up to 24 different timing curves to match your driving needs
547-8365 Instructions (PDF)
- 265-400 S/B Chevy
- 396-454 B/B Chevy
- Designed to replace GM HEI distributors that use a 4-Pin ignition module
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
You may also be interested in:
MSD 35599 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires Set, S/B Chevy HEI, Under HeadersMore Info
MSD 31359 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires Set, Chevy HEI, Over Valve CoverMore Info
MSD 8728 Soft Touch Rev Limiter Control for HEIMore Info
Accel 170072 HEI Wiring PigtailMore Info
Performance Distributors 111111 Battery and Tachometer ConnectorMore Info
MSD 8411 Replacement HEI Distributor CapPrice: $25.99More Info
MSD 8410 Replacement HEI RotorPrice: $8.99More Info
What makes or breaks a plug wire is not only how well the wire is insulated, but how low of resistance the center core has. These assembled wire sets test 40-50 ohms per foot, while most others test 1500 ohms per foot.
These low resistance spark plug wires are designed for Small Block Chevys with HEI and are routed under the headers.
Learn how to properly attach new spark plug terminals and boots by reading our tech article. How to Install Spark Plug Wire Ends.
The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire is "the" performance wire. Engineered from the inside out, the 8.5 offers everything you have ever wanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance without electronic interference! In a single 12 inch length of low resistance spark plug wire there is only 40 - 50 ohms of resistance! That is the lowest resistance of any helically wound wire.
To accomplish this, MSD uses a copper alloy conductor due to it's great voltage carrying capabilities. The low resistance results in less loss in spark energy so more reaches the spark plug. The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. So tight in fact, that there is over 40 feet of conductor wrapped into a single foot of plug wire. This winding procedure, combined with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) "choke". This choke, or suppression capability, keeps the EMI inside the wire where it cannot interfere with other electronics on your vehicle. The outer sleeve that surrounds the conductor assembly is just as impressive. A proprietary blend of silicone and synthetic material produce a sleeve that is highly resistant to high heat as well as abrasion and tears.
The Soft Touch Rev Control, PN 8728, is designed to be used on standard points ignition or inductive ignition systems. This means that the PN 8728 can be installed on engines with a GM HEI Ignition, Ford or Chrysler electronic ignition, any standard breaker points systems or even with an MSD 5 or Blaster Ignition (non-CD ignitions). The RPM Limiter is adjusted with plug-in modules and is supplied with 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules. When the engine reaches your set rpm, the Soft Touch circuitry kicks in and drops the spark to certain cylinders. This rpm limiter produces very accurate and smooth, backfire-free rev limits.
- Can be used on 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines with inductive ignitions
- Adjusted with plug-in modules
- Includes 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules
- No MSD ignition control box required
547-8728 Instructions (PDF)
Finally, a dual HEI connector for GM HEI “Coil In-Cap”. The Dual HEI Connector helps clean up your engine bay by eliminating the use of single spade connectors to make battery and tachometer connections. Also holds the 12 volt and tachometer wires securely in place. Made from hi-temperature durable plastic to withstand all extreme conditions of an engine bay. The easily seen, 10” long, red and green wires identify battery and tachometer.
- Wire your HEI distributor like the factory
- Red and green wires identify battery and tach leads
- 10" long
These plastic insulators and brass terminals make your power supply connection and tach connection to the DUI Distributor super easy! They plug directly into the cap and coil assembly and the locking tabs prevent lost connections due to vibration. The Battery and Tachometer Connectors are priced separately so one of each will be needed for the hot wire and tach hookup.
Replacement GM HEI distributor cap with low-resistance brass terminals. Rynite construction for superior voltage insulation.