MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Orignally designed with NASCAR in mind, the 6ALN cd ingnition control box is equipped with the mandatory 6-Pin Weathertight connector to meet NASCAR's ignition wiring rule, 20-6.1. Plus, a special clear base plate is also installed for easy tech inspection.
The 6ALN has a built-in Rev Control. These rev controls are adjustable with plug-in modules and will save your engine from over-rev damage caused by missed shifts or driveline failure.
547-6430 Instructions (PDF)
547-6430 Supplement (PDF)
- Multiple spark, capacitive discharge ignition control
- Designed for circle track racing with NASCAR mandated connectors and clear epoxy potting compound for vibration protection
- 6-pin Weathertight connector, mandatory for NASCAR use
- Circuit board is encased in a clear two part silicone elastomer
- Clear plastic base plate for easy tech inspection
- Built-in Soft Touch Rev Control is adjustable with RPM Modules
- Multiple sparks for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation
- Works on 12 - 18 volt electrical system
- Accepts breaker points, amplifier and magnetic pickup trigger inputs
- 470 primary voltage output to coil
- 110 millijoules per spark up to 15,000 RPM
- Programmable for 4, 6, or 8-cylinders by cutting red/blue wire loops
- Supplied with rubber shock mounts
- Supplied with 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 & 8,000 RPM Modules
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Crane Cams 6000-6478 HI-6RL Oval Track Ignition, 7800 RPMPrice: $289.99More Info
MSD ASY11547 RPM Pill Module, 7800 RPMPrice: $9.99More Info
Fully digital design with multi spark CD ignition. Potted with soft urethane so unit is sealed from dirt, oil moisture and vibration. Other features include, lightweight aluminum housing with cooling fins, a present rev-limiter in factory sealed unit per sanction rules, Weatherpack® connectors, mag trigger input and tachometer input.
You can easily change the RPM limit on your MSD ignition box by switching RPM modules.