MSD 8391 Chrysler 331/354 Hemi Ready-to-Run Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
The Ready-to-Run distributor earns its name with simple wiring. One wire to 12 volts, one to coil negative and another to ground. That’s it! A matching harness with a 3-pin Weathertight connector is supplied. Does not require an MSD Ignition Control.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by sealed ball bearings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with a HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- CARB E.O. Approved
547-8391 Instructions (PDF)
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition CoilMore Info
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD ignition, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Special 100:1 windings, kept cool in an oil filled metal canister, are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
For use with stock or MSD electronic ignitions. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two plug wire boots, terminals, and jumper wire
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved