MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
The Digital E-Curve Distributor will drop right in your engine, easily connect to the coil and fire up! There are no external controls or boxes to mount and connect, and you can set a timing curve with the twist of a rotary dial! That’s right, no more springs or stop bushings to change. A new digital module lets you select from nearly 100 different advance curves, including a vacuum advance! Simply remove the cap and rotor to access the rotary dials and select a curve to match your application. You can also set an rpm limit that will protect your engine from overrev damage caused by a missed shift or driveline failure. This limit is adjustable from 5,000-10,000 rpm. These adjustments are possible due to an advanced digitally-controlled ignition module. Not only does the module offer these adjustable options, it also produces a hearty jolt of energy to the coil to produce a powerful spark to fire up your engine’s performance. Also, a magnetic pick-up is used for reliable and accurate trigger signals throughout the entire rpm range of your engine. The E-Curve Distributor is topped with MSD’s Rynite molded cap and rotor and is supplied with a heavy-duty gear and a matching 3-Pin weathertight wiring harness.
- Digitally controlled stand-alone distributor with adjustable electronic advance.
- Set a centrifugal advance and vacuum advance curve electronically.
- High output ignition module produces a powerful spark for improved performance.
- Simple three wire connection and you'r ready-to-run
- Dial-in a rev limit to protect your engine from overrev damage
- No MSD Ignition Control required
- Fits SB and BB Chevrolet engines
547-8394 Instructions (PDF)
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
Item DetailsSB/BB Chevy
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8433 Distributor Cap - HEI Type TerminalsPrice: $35.99More Info
MSD 8531 MSD/Accel Iron Chevy Distributor Gear$32.99Price: $30.99More Info
MSD 8467 Points Type Racing RotorPrice: $9.99More Info
MSD 84335 Distributor Cap and Rotor KitPrice: $36.99More Info
MSD 84333 Black Distributor Cap for Chevy V8, HEI, RetainerPrice: $37.99More Info
MSD 8463 Vacuum Advance Mechanism - PN 8460, 61Price: $18.99More Info
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition CoilMore Info
MSD molds their most popular distributor caps in-house. This cap is injection molded from DuPont Rynite material and features spark plug-style terminals. The terminals offer improved locking connections and the Rynite material is extremely strong with excellent dielectric properties. Plus, most caps have an optional wire retainer that is supplied with these caps to lock the wires in place.
Includes a girdle for retaining the wires to the cap. MSD has used this new design on many distributors built since the summer of 2002. Has HEI-Type terminals, rather than socket-type. Can be used in place of the older design.
547-8433 Instructions (PDF)
A distributor’s performance is only as good as its drive gear. MSD Ignition has put a great deal of effort into researching and testing a variety of metallurgical compositions, heat treating and coatings to provide you with a durable, accurate and strong distributor gear. MSD engineers have built test fixtures and spent hundreds of hours testing and evaluating the metallurgy of these gears. The result is a special iron alloy gear that is treated to a low-friction coating process. To you this means long life, an easy break-in period and reliable performance!
- Increased outer hardened layer thickness (RC 55-60)
- Micro polished surface for smooth contact
- Proprietary formulated ductile iron
- Melonite QPQ coated reduces friction and initial wear
- Interstitial carbide concentration improves wear resistance
These rotors are designed with high rpm and performance in mind which is why they are standard on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors. Both rotors are injection molded from Rynite material for incredible strength and high dielectric properties. Plus the stainless steel/brass rotor trip is also screwed in place so it can handle extreme rpm and high heat conditions.
The rotors feature deep molded vanes to stir up the air inside the cap to prevent spark ionization. The rotor screws are set deep in the housing to prevent spark scatter.
547-8467 Instructions (PDF)
The cap and rotor of any ignition system must be considered maintenance items. Just as you change the oil and filter of your car, you should always replace the cap and rotor as a set. To make things easy, we now offer these Cap and Rotor Replacement Kits.
This MSD Cap (MSD #84335) fits all of the MSD Distributors that use the GM Socket sytle cap (MSD #8437). It will also fit GM Distributors that use a "window" style cap.
Cap MSD# 8433:
- DuPont Rynite material
- Spark plug-style terminals with improved locking connection
- Optional wire retainer with caps to lock the wires in place
- HEI-Type terminals, rather than socket-type
- Can be used in place of the older design
Rotor MSD# 8467:
- Standard on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors
- Injection molded from Rynite material for incredible strength and high dielectric properties
- Stainless steel/brass rotor trip - screwed in place to handle extreme rpm and high heat conditions
- Deep molded vanes to stir up the air inside the cap to prevent spark ionization
- Screws are set deep in the housing to prevent spark scatter
MSD molds our most popular V8 distributor caps in-house. These caps are injection molded from DuPont® Rynite material and feature spark plug-style terminals. These terminals offer improved locking connections and the Rynite material is extremely strong wi
This is the replacement canister for MSD distributors equipped with vacuum advance (except the PN 8365 and PN 8362 HEI Distributors.)
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD ignition, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Special 100:1 windings, kept cool in an oil filled metal canister, are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
For use with stock or MSD electronic ignitions. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two plug wire boots, terminals, and jumper wire
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved