MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
The Digital E-Curve Distributor will drop right in your engine, easily connect to the coil and fire up! There are no external controls or boxes to mount and connect, and you can set a timing curve with the twist of a rotary dial! That’s right, no more springs or stop bushings to change. A new digital module lets you select from nearly 100 different advance curves, including a vacuum advance! Simply remove the cap and rotor to access the rotary dials and select a curve to match your application. You can also set an rpm limit that will protect your engine from overrev damage caused by a missed shift or driveline failure. This limit is adjustable from 5,000-10,000 rpm. These adjustments are possible due to an advanced digitally-controlled ignition module. Not only does the module offer these adjustable options, it also produces a hearty jolt of energy to the coil to produce a powerful spark to fire up your engine’s performance. Also, a magnetic pick-up is used for reliable and accurate trigger signals throughout the entire rpm range of your engine. The E-Curve Distributor is topped with MSD’s Rynite molded cap and rotor and is supplied with a heavy-duty gear and a matching 3-Pin weathertight wiring harness.
- Digitally controlled stand-alone distributor with adjustable electronic advance.
- Set a centrifugal advance and vacuum advance curve electronically.
- High output ignition module produces a powerful spark for improved performance.
- Simple three wire connection and you'r ready-to-run
- Dial-in a rev limit to protect your engine from overrev damage
- No MSD Ignition Control required
- Fits SB and BB Chevrolet engines
547-8394 Instructions (PDF)
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
Item DetailsSB/BB Chevy
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition CoilMore Info
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD ignition, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Special 100:1 windings, kept cool in an oil filled metal canister, are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
For use with stock or MSD electronic ignitions. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two plug wire boots, terminals, and jumper wire
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved