MSD's billet distributors are for Ford enthusiasts who are serious about performance! Just under the brass terminals of the MSD cap and rotor is an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly. The assembly is fine blanked from chromoly steel, TIG-welded for strength plus receives a QPQ coating. The precision weights glide on nylon bushings for smooth advancement and different springs and stop bushings are supplied so a variety of advance curves can be tuned. The steel shaft that spins the advance and reluctor receives a friction reducing coating plus is guided by a sealed ball bearing and long sintered bushing. This combination provides stable timing signals and spark delivery at any rpm. Triggering chores are handled by MSD’s race proven, maintenance-free magnetic pick-up.
Fits 289-302 Small Block Ford V8. Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series ignition control.
- Large Base/Cap Distributor
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Supplied with Cap-A-Dapt and rotor (accepts MSD socket style caps)
547-8582 Instructions (PDF)