If you have a slightly taller block or have decked the heads, the distance between the distributor mounting pad and the cam gear/oil pump drive may be different. MSD offers these Distributor with an adjustable slip collar with 1.5” of adjustment so you can be sure the distributor is installed correctly. The distributor shares the same features of the standard Pro-Billet Chevrolet model including a ball bearing guide, long sintered lower bushing, oil seal, and an adjustable mechanical advance assembly. The maintenance-free magnetic pick-up in the billet base of the distributor triggers the MSD CD Ignition box (not included). Fits Small Block or Big Block Chevy V8.
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the RPM range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and extra long sintered bushing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts MSD Cap-A-Dapts)
547-5561 Instructions (PDF)
- Must be used with a CD Ignition Control (MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series).
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister.
- Designed for racing blocks with maximum increased deck height such as Alan Root, Merlin and Rocket Blocks.
- Cap has HEI-style terminals
- Slip collar has 1.5" of adjustment
- Iron distributor gear