The MSD Digital 6AL features a higher output with 530 primary volts and 135mJ of spark energy. Efficient components use less current to produce more power. Set an rpm limit on the MSD 6AL rev limiter with two rotary dials. Has the same bolt pattern as the original 6AL, but with a lower profile housing. Built-in LED for system checks. All wires exit the same side through a locked, sealed connector. Compatible with 4, 6 and 8-cylinder engines.
547-6425 Instructions (PDF)
MSD Tech Bulletin
Learn more about the benefits and features of the MSD 6AL Digital Ignition Control Box by reading StangTV's tech article. MSD's Newest 6AL Takes Conventional Ignitions into the Digital Age.
Learn more about determining the proper MSD ignition control box for your application by reading our tech article. The Differences Between 6 Series MSD Ignition Control Units.
- Spark Energy: 135-145 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 520-540 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-15 Volts, 7 Volt Start
- Current Draw: .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 1.7 lbs., 8"L x 4"W x 1.825"H