Higher output with 530 primary volts and 135mJ of spark energy. Efficient components use less current to produce more power. Same bolt pattern as the original 6A with a lower profile housing. Built-in LED for system checks. All wires exit the same side through a locked, sealed connector. Compatible with 4, 6 and 8-cylinder engines.
547-6201 Instructions (PDF)
Learn more about determining the proper MSD ignition control box for your application by reading our tech article. The Differences Between 6 Series MSD Ignition Control Units.
- Spark Energy: 135-145 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 520-540 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-15 Volts, 7 Volt Start
- Current Draw: .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 1.7 lbs., 8"L x 4"W x 1.825"H