LizardSkin 50100 Ceramic Thermal & Sound Insulation, 2 Gallon
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Sold in two-gallon buckets. Each covers 45-50 sq. ft. at 0.040" thickness dry. Add their Sound Control, also a spray-on, water-based product, and dramatically reduce interior noise even more.
- Class A fire-rated
- Environmentally friendly solution
- Provides non-combustible thermal insulation
- Eliminates cut and paste waste
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 500°F
- Adheres to most any material
- Continuous protective moisture barrier
- One-part coating system
- Lightweight (around 0.1 lbs/ft2)
- No respirator needed; but dust mask/protective eyewear is recommended
- Easy spray-on application
- Can be easily applied to irregular surfaces and geometries
- Offers a protective, seamless membrane
- Fast clean up with soap and water
Spec Sheet (PDF)
How much do I need?
- Measure length and width of all surfaces to be coated accounting for all curves and irregular shapes.
- Multiply length times width to get your total square footage.
- Divide total Ceramic Insulation square footage by 25 to calculate gallons needed.
- Round up to the next gallon to account for any square footage calculation errors.
- 14 ft times 7 ft equals 98 sq. ft.
- Then 98 sq. ft. divided by 25 equals 3.92 gallons
- By rounding 3.92 up to 4, you will need four gallons of Ceramic Insulation
LizardSkin coatings must be applied to a clean, dry surface that is free from rust and corrosion. For bare steel surfaces, a primer with at least 15% elongation is required. All other types of substrates do not require a primer. LizardSkin can be applied without scuffing to a newly primed metal surface.
If existing primer or paint has been on the substrate for more than 5-7 days, the surface needs to be cleaned and scuffed to allow for good mechanical adhesion. For aluminum, stainless, fiberglass and wood, the surface needs to be cleaned and scuffed prior to the application of LizardSkin. Mask off any areas that you don’t want coated.
You may also be interested in:
LizardSkin 50125 Super Pro Application KitPrice: $79.99More Info
LizardSkin 50115 Sound Control, 2 GallonMore Info
The SuperPro Application Kit is made exclusively for LizardSkin coatings, able to handle the thick viscosity of the coatings with ease. It provides exactly what’s needed for professionals and hobbyists to properly apply the coatings. Sprayers used for typical paint applications are not engineered to handle the thickness of these technologically advanced coatings. Both LizardSkin coatings must be applied to a clean, dry and rust-free surface. Applying both coatings is a snap, without the tedious labor of cutting and pasting that traditional mat products require. Simply hook up the sprayer to shop air and spray your way to a cooler and quieter ride.
Included in the kit:
- 1 Quart Cup
- Stir Paddle (attaches to drill)
- Application Instructions
- Wet Mil Gauge
LizardSkin Sound Control is a spray-applied automotive sound damping coating that is great for reducing exterior noises and enhancing sound systems. It is an advanced, water-based composition of a high-grade acrylic binder with sound-damping particles.
Sound Control is used by custom car, street rod, truck builders and anyone else who wants to reduce unwanted noise and/or enhance the sound of their high end audio systems. It is best applied by the SuperPro Application Kit to a clean and dry, rust-free surface. For maximum acoustic performance in your ride, encapsulate the entire interior and all appropriate exterior surfaces.
Since Sound Control not only dampens noise, but also protects surfaces, it will help keep the integrity of your ride intact for years. The coating can withstand temperatures to 300° F. One 2 gallon container of LizardSkin Sound Control will cover 40-45 sq. ft. at 0.040” thickness dry.
Spec Sheet (PDF)