LS1 Block Hugger Tight-Fit Headers, Plain
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Many rodders are looking to install Chevy’s powerful and efficient LS1 / LS6 Small Block V8 in their street rods, customs and classic trucks. These shorty headers can make those installations easier in a variety of applications, and help produce more power as well.
An oxygen sensor bung is included with these block hugger headers, but not installed, for those who want to keep the engine’s electronic fuel injection. Includes bolts, gaskets, and reducers.
LS1 Header Dimensions (GIF)
- 1997 and newer Chevy Gen III small block LS1 / LS6
- Note: To allow maximum clearance, these headers require the use of our 916-18016 motor mount adapters. They will not fit when using the OEM LS-Series motor mounts.
You may also be interested in:
LS1 Tight-Fit, Block Hugger Headers, AHC CoatedMore Info
1955-57 Chevy LS1 Clipster Headers, PlainMore Info
Speedway GM LS Header Kit, 1-5/8 Round Port, 3 Inch CollectorMore Info
GM LS1 Lake Style Header Kit, 1-5/8 Tube, 3-1/2 Inch ConeMore Info
LS1/LS6 Header GasketsMore Info
LS1 Motor Mount AdaptersMore Info
3-Bolt Chevy Rubber Motor Mounts for 90 Degree V6, Small Block/Big Block V8More Info
Many rodders are looking to install Chevy’s powerful and efficient LS1 / LS6 Small Block V8 in their street rods, customs and classic trucks. These shorty headers can make those installations easier in a variety of applications, and help produce more power as well. These block hugger headers are ceramic coated headers.
An oxygen sensor bung is included in these block hugger headers, but not installed, for those who want to keep the engine’s electronic fuel injection. Includes bolts, gaskets, and reducers.
LS1 Header Dimensions (GIF)
These headers allow you to install the popular LS1 engine in your 1955-1957 Chevy car. They feature 1-3/4" primary tubes and 3" collectors. Oxygen sensor bung welded to collectors.
Note: These headers will not clear motor mount part number 720-4501.
These Chevy/GM LS engine headers feature 18 gauge mild steel designed for many racing applications. Cutting, fitting, and welding required.Kit includes eight mandrel-bent tubes, two pre-formed collectors, two extra-thick oval port flanges, gaskets, and bolts.
Vintage style street rods are hotter than ever, and nothing gives your fenderless rod an authentic dry lakes competition look like a set of lakester headers. These lake style header kits allow you to build your own headers and tailor them to your vehicle. All tubing comes pre-bent. Tapered cones can be trimmed as needed. Lakester header kit includes parts to complete both sides.
- 5/16" thick flanges
- 16 ga. pre-bent tubing
- Collector flanges w/ block-off plates
- Flanges for connecting an under-car exhaust system (2" O.D.)
- Gaskets & bolts
These billet aluminum adapters allow you to put an LS1 where a S/B Chevy would mount. They bolt to the sides of your LS1 and accept standard S/B Chevy mounts. Metric and Standard hardware included.
- Constructed from .383" thick aluminum
- LS1 bolt pattern is 4 3/8” horizontal and 3 1/16” vertical
- Triangular bolt pattern for the standard SBC motor mount
- Locates LS engine 1 3/16" forward from the original SBC placement
Note: These motor mounts may require you to move your transmission mount forward in some applications.
916-18016 Instructions (PDF)
These 3-bolt S/B Chevy rubber motor mounts are manufactured to meet or exceed OEM specifications. Fits most 1958-73 Chevy passenger cars with small block V8. Sold as a pair.
- Unique rubber formula provides good abrasion resistance and aging stability
- Ensures maximum life and performance
- Application-specific Durometer (hardness) based on engine weight & torque
- Special Chemlock® bonding agent ensures superior rubber-to-metal bond