Joe Hunt Mag Look 1968-76 Cadillac 472/500 Distributors
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
1968-76 Cadillac 472 and 500 distributors are sometimes hard to find. These fully self contained distributors feature full centrifugal advance with modern electronics and an easy two wire hook-up.
- Precision 6061-T6 billet aluminum housing
- Popular Joe Hunt magneto look
- Unique advance mechanism
- Totally self contained unit with two wire power connection
- Special internal coil rated at 2.5 amps - out performs most others
- Constant voltage throughout the entire RPM range
- Only 3-1/2" diameter
910-15262 Instructions (PDF)
Item Details1968-76 472-500 Cadillac
You may also be interested in:
Edelbrock 2115 472-500 Cadillac Performer Intake Manifold$329.99Price: $324.99More Info
MSD 8363 472-500 Cadillac Pro-Billet DistributorPrice: $339.99More Info
COMP Cams CL94-300-5 472-500 Cadillac Cam & Lifter Kit, 800-4800 RPMPrice: $275.99More Info
Comp Cams CL94-302-5 472-500 Cadillac Cam & Lifter Kit, 1000-5000 RPMPrice: $275.99More Info
Fel-Pro Gaskets FS8255PT 472-500 Cadillac Gasket SetPrice: $159.99More Info
472-500 Cadillac Chrome Valve CoversMore Info
This Performer is designed for 1968-76 Cadillac 472 and 500 cubic-inch engines. For either square or spread bore carbs, this is the first intake designed specifically for high-performance Cadillacs using standard heads.
Like all Edelbrock Performers, this manifold increases torque and horsepower from idle to 5500 rpm. The broad power band is ideal for high-performance street and engine swap applications. Specs on this non-EGR manifold include a carb pad height that's 3" taller than stock. Dropped divider walls evens air/fuel ratio throughout the RPM range. Stock air conditioner compressor will not fit.
Cadillac cruisers will be excited about this new Pro-Billet Distributor for the 368, 425, 472 and 500 cubic inch engines. The Distributor begins life as a billet of 6061-T6 aluminum before being CNC-machined to precise dimensions. The sturdy, flex-free housing is fitted with a sealed ball-bearing and long sintered bushing for high-rpm accuracy. MSD’s race proven magnetic pick-up supplies a trigger signal that is accurate to within one degree at any rpm. Mounted above this pick-up is an adjustable mechanical advance and is supplied with different springs and stop bushings for a number of curves. For street cruising economy, as if there’s any such thing in a Caddy, there is a vacuum advance canister.
- Designed for Cadillac 368, 425, 472 and 500 ci engines
- Accepts HEI style ignition wires
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
547-8363 Instructions (PDF)
This Fel-Pro 1968-1976 Cadillac 472-500 V8 gasket kit sets include premium-quality head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets, valve stem seals, and all accessory gaskets--everything that you need for a complete engine rebuild, all in one affordable set.
- Full set does not include the intake gasket set.
- Calais '68-'76
- Commercial Chassis '75-'76
- Deville '68-'76
- Eldorado '68-'76
- Fleetwood '68-'76
Add a little shine to your big inch Caddy motor.