Joe Hunt Mag Look 1968-76 Cadillac 472/500 Distributors
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
1968-76 Cadillac 472 and 500 distributors are sometimes hard to find. These fully self contained distributors feature full centrifugal advance with modern electronics and an easy two wire hook-up.
- Precision 6061-T6 billet aluminum housing
- Popular Joe Hunt magneto look
- Unique advance mechanism
- Totally self contained unit with two wire power connection
- Special internal coil rated at 2.5 amps - out performs most others
- Constant voltage throughout the entire RPM range
- Only 3-1/2" diameter
910-15262 Instructions (PDF)
Item Details1968-76 472-500 Cadillac
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Edelbrock 2115 472-500 Cadillac Performer Intake ManifoldPrice: $355.99More InfoCompare
MSD 8363 472-500 Cadillac Pro-Billet DistributorPrice: $339.99More InfoCompare
COMP Cams CL94-300-5 472-500 Cadillac Cam & Lifter Kit, 800-4800 RPMPrice: $275.99More InfoCompare
Comp Cams CL94-302-5 472-500 Cadillac Cam & Lifter Kit, 1000-5000 RPMPrice: $275.99More InfoCompare
Fel-Pro Gaskets FS8255PT 472-500 Cadillac Gasket SetPrice: $159.99More InfoCompare
472-500 Cadillac Chrome Valve CoversMore InfoCompare
This Performer is designed for 1968-76 Cadillac 472 and 500 cubic-inch engines. For either square or spread bore carbs, this is the first intake designed specifically for high-performance Cadillacs using standard heads.
Like all Edelbrock Performers, this manifold increases torque and horsepower from idle to 5500 rpm. The broad power band is ideal for high-performance street and engine swap applications. Specs on this non-EGR manifold include a carb pad height that's 3" taller than stock. Dropped divider walls evens air/fuel ratio throughout the RPM range. Stock air conditioner compressor will not fit.
MSD is looking to Rev up your ride with the Rev'n Rebate 2015. From July 1st through August 31st, Purchase $250 - $500 of any MSD product and get up to $50 back. Get all the details from MSD now!
Cadillac cruisers will be excited about this new Pro-Billet Distributor for the 368, 425, 472 and 500 cubic inch engines. The Distributor begins life as a billet of 6061-T6 aluminum before being CNC-machined to precise dimensions. The sturdy, flex-free housing is fitted with a sealed ball-bearing and long sintered bushing for high-rpm accuracy. MSD’s race proven magnetic pick-up supplies a trigger signal that is accurate to within one degree at any rpm. Mounted above this pick-up is an adjustable mechanical advance and is supplied with different springs and stop bushings for a number of curves. For street cruising economy, as if there’s any such thing in a Caddy, there is a vacuum advance canister.
- Designed for Cadillac 368, 425, 472 and 500 ci engines
- Accepts HEI style ignition wires
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
547-8363 Instructions (PDF)
This Fel-Pro 1968-1976 Cadillac 472-500 V8 gasket kit sets include premium-quality head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets, valve stem seals, and all accessory gaskets--everything that you need for a complete engine rebuild, all in one affordable set.
- Full set does not include the intake gasket set.
- Calais '68-'76
- Commercial Chassis '75-'76
- Deville '68-'76
- Eldorado '68-'76
- Fleetwood '68-'76
Add a little shine to your big inch Caddy motor.