This flapper valve or rollover valve, installs in the fuel cell and is retained by the bolts used to secure the filler cap flange to the cell.
When fueling the cell, the rubber flap opens. If the cell should become inverted, the rubber flap closes to seal off the filler opening so that fuel cannot leak out.
A must have safety item!
458-315 Instructions (pdf)
- The mounting flange bracket is in an arc with 5 retaining studs in 1/4" diameter and 1-1/8" in length
- It comes with the nylon sealing washers and nylock nuts
- The rubber flapper is 6-1/4" O.D. and approximately 1/8” thick
- The 5 holes for the mounting plate are 1/4” I.D. and the remaining 7 holes around the circumference are 9/16” I.D
- All 12 holes are based on a 5-3/8” center to center pattern