The 20 gauge steel can encloses a tough cross-link polyethylene cell. Includes fuel cell, steel can, IMCA required tip-over valve, and 4" diameter twist-on cap. Has a -8 AN fuel line hookup and return vent. Safety foam sold separately.
- Seamless cross-linked polyethylene inner shell
- 20 gauge welded steel container powder coated red
- D-Ring bail handle cap assembly
- Anodized -8 AN fuel pickup
- Anodized -8 AN tip-over valve vent
- Pickup hose routed to right rear corner
Note: To meet the IMCA Sport Compact rules regarding the 8 gallon fuel cells, fuel tank flapper valve 458-315 must be purchased and used in conjunction with the fuel cell shown here. Or purchase an IMCA approved cell with a flapper valve already installed.
- Carefully determine the size of fuel cell needed. Depending on the capacity, a full fuel cell will generally weigh between 100 and 200 lbs. Buy the optimum size fuel cell to best accommodate weight bias and fuel consumption.
- The fuel pickup comes in from the top center of the cell and has a hose attached to it that hangs down and rests against the bottom of the cell. It can be rotated if needed, depending on what direction you are planning to install the cell in your specific application.
- These fuel tanks have no certification tags. They are approved for most racing where a bladder is not required.
- The top lip sticks out 3/4" further on each side of the fuel cell.
20-5/8" Long, 15-1/2" Wide, 8-3/8" Deep