Holley 4150 and 4160 Carburetors Handbook
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
This book is informative and helpful.
- Easy to understand
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Book - David Vizard's How to Super Tune and Modify Holley CarburetorsMore InfoCompare
Holley 36-378 Carburetor Installation & Tuning DVDPrice: $22.99More InfoCompare
The Holley carburetor is an icon in the performance industry. Thirty, forty, even fifty years ago, if you looked under the hood of any modified or performance car, you more than likely would discover a Holley carburetor lurking there. Often, many enthusiast's first modification is swapping out the factory induction system for a new Holley 4-barrel carb and intake manifold.
While many of today's modern cars have moved past carburetors and into high-tech fuel-injection systems, most cars from the highly collectible eras are still running carburetors. Carbs are comparatively inexpensive, highly tunable, and do not require laptops, expensive tuning equipment, or computers to function. And by far the most popular carb still in use is the Holley carb.
In David Vizard's How to Super Tune and Modify Holley Carburetors, best selling author Vizard explains the science, the function, and most importantly, the tuning expertise required to get your Holley carburetor to perform its best for your performance application, whether it's street, strip, supercharging, or race applications. Holley has been a best-selling subject for years, and this much-needed update guides you through the traditional 4150 Double Pumper, Dominator, and 4160 vacuum secondary models, as well as all the recent releases from Holley, including the Ultra Street Avenger and Ultra HP Series Carbs.
With its high degree of tuning ease, and with all the new models coming into the market, the knowledge of an expert like Vizard is a requirement to meet your performance goals, now more than ever. This book is an essential addition to any hot rodder's library.
Two hours of everything you ever wanted to know about Holley Carburetors Virtual tours, exploded views, step–by–step under the hood installation including transmission kickdowns, advanced tuning, & troubleshooting. It is interactive, so you can easily find the chapters you need.
- Virtual tours of 4160 vacuum secondary carbs, 4150 vacuum & mechanical secondary, as well as 4165 & 4175 spread bores.
- Complete under-hood installation video covering various throttle hook-ups, transmission kick-downs, chokes, quick start tuning initial settings, manifold compatibility etc.
- Complete advanced tuning section covering every tunable part of a Holley carburetor
- Trouble shooting section covering bogs, hesitations, cold & hot starting, flooding, misses, backfires, rough idle etc.
- Additional engine trouble shooting section for issues commonly mistaken as carburetor problems.
- Bonus section including intake manifold installation & distributor install/ignition hook-up.
- Glossary of terms & tools sections