Heidts PX-330-E Mustang II Weld-On Crossmember for 1960-65 Ford Falcon
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This crossmember package is designed for your 1960-1965 Ford Falcon. It includes full front section boxing plates that weld into place. The correct geometry and anti-dive is all designed in for superior handling and ease of operation. Two inch dropped spindles are recommended to retain stock ride height.
- This kit is designed to use only full (tubular) lower A-arms. Stock lower control arm strut rods will not clear or mount to the frame rails.
- Constructed of 7-gauge steel
- Built-in Anti-Dive is all fitted to your frame…No Grinding Required! Nothing to measure or trim…It’s All Done!
- One-Piece Shock Cups are T.I.G. welded in place and have anti-dive built in. First class, for your car.
- Vertical Inner Uprights. This is the strongest design available, with twice the weld area. This will keep your frame from twisting!
- Main crossmember made from only 2 formed pieces for maximum strength and accurate fit.
- Crossmember and Spring Towers precut and pre-welded to fit your frame…Nothing to Measure!
- Lower control arm pivot tubes and gussets are NOT included with crossmember kit (they are provided with lower A-arm)
- Frame Front Boxing Plates are included
- Works with both manual or power rack and pinions
- Sold as Kit
Complete installation may require you to purchase corresponding a-arms, shocks, springs, brake kit, spindles, and steering rack and pinion
NotesOverall Benefit: In a word, "handling". While installing a Mustang II can look like a lot of work, in reality, the improved handling and ride quality are worth the effort. Combine that with improved stopping ability due to numerous brake options and it becomes more a question of “Why wouldn’t you?”. The independent suspension will give you a much better ride because there is double the suspension travel. A stock axle will give you maybe 2-1/2” of total travel vs. a Mustang II which will give you about 4-1/2”- 5” of travel. There are multiple spring rates available to accommodate varied applications and the rack and pinion steering is much more responsive than a standard steering box.
Drop: This varies and is dependent on application and options. Most kits drop the vehicle by 3-4”. Drop spindles and running lower profile tires than stock also adds to the amount of drop that can be achieved.
Track Width: You may want to mount custom wheels to your Mustang II conversion and determining proper track width for your application is essential for figuring correct backspacing and overall ride stance. Standard wheel base is 56-1/2” with a 60” version available for trucks. The various options for brake kits will vary this somewhat and some kits can add roughly 2” to the overall track width. Narrowed arms are available to move the wheel in by 5/8” on each side. See the link below for various track widths with different options.
Assembly Notes: Either manual or power steering can be used with these crossmembers. The passenger side mount has a slot that will take the later model power rack. With all Mustang II aftermarket crossmembers, spacers and longer bolts must be used with the later (Fox-body) power rack.
Rack mounts are incorporated into the crossmember design and rotate the rack back 20° to get the input shaft lower. Stock, manual, power racks, or later model Mustang II or T-Bird power racks can be used. The rack is positioned so the bellows will clear most aftermarket full A-Arms. When using crossmembers with our "power" steering rack, you may also need (2) rack spacers (9101023). (These spacers are included with our Mustang II suspension kits.)
More Like This
1933-34 Ford Front Crossmember
Speedway 1932 Ford 1 Inch Drop Front Crossmember
Speedway Deluxe 1932 Ford Weld-In Tubular Crossmember Kit
Speedway 1933-34 Ford Mustang II Crossmember
Speedway 1953-1956 Ford F-100 Truck Mustang II Crossmember
Speedway 1941-1948 Ford Mustang II Deluxe Steel Crossmember
Speedway 1949-1954 Chevy Speedway Mustang II Deluxe Steel Crossmember
Speedway 1955-1959 Chevy Truck Crossmember
Garage Sale - Speedway Mustang II Crossmember, 1934-36 Chevy-Economy
Heidts PX-102-E 35-40 Ford Mustang II Crossmember, Weld-On Assembly