Heidts Mustang II Tubular Lower Arms, Coil-Overs, No Strut, 5/8 Less
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A (0)
What's in the Box
You dont have to look any farther for tubular control arms for your Mustang II IFS-equipped hot rod. Heidts Mustang II control arms are made from full .120 wall, 1" diameter tubing, fixture welded and feature screw-in ball joints and no-squeak rubber bushings. These new generation, no-strut style arms eliminate the strut rod found on stock-style Mustang II IFS systems. The improved, triangulated design provides stability and strength within the arm itself, so you can get rid of that ugly strut rod.
Will work with nearly any stock or aftermarket Mustang II front crossmember (welding is required on most applications). Lower control arm accepts most coil-over shock assemblies. These control arms are 5/8" narrower than stock, which means that they will reduce front track width by 5/8" per side (or 1-1/4" overall) when compared to a stock width control arm. This helps tuck the wheels up under the fenders without having to buy expensive special offset wheels. When using 5/8" narrower control arms, 1" must be removed from each inner tie rod end.
- 5/8" Narrower than stock width
- Upgrade to a cleaner looking control arm
- Full .120" wall, 1" diameter fixture welding tubing
- Features screw-in ball joints and no-squeak bushings
- Works with nearly any stock or aftermarket crossmember
- Welding may be required on some applications
- Designed to correspond with coil-over style springs and shocks
- Works with Mustang II crossmembers that come without lower A-Arm tabs
- Non-strut rod applications
Item Details5/8" Narrower
Why go with tubular control arms? The most obvious reason is the looks. Tubular control arms and strut rods give your hot rod a much cleaner and hi-tech appearance than the stock type do.
- 5/8"-18 x 12" control arm bolts
- Coil-over takes a 1/2"-13 x 7" bolt