Heidts 1934-36 Chevy Master Mustang II Econ Crossmember
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Heidts Mustang II crossmembers for 1934-1936 Chevy passenger cars offer you the choice of Deluxe (welds ground) or Economy (unground welds). The Chevy models have frames and fenders which lend themselves nicely to Mustang front end conversion, without changing the critical geometry. Chevy IFS kits also come complete with the hard-to-make special brackets, such as radiator perch on certian models, to quickly and easily complete the installation. Like Heidts Ford kits, Chevy kits do not bumpsteer at all. Chevy kits come with a step-by-step, fully-illustrated instruction booklet to ensure that your installation goes as easily as it should! Correct design results in correct camber action – and no bumpsteer.
- Longer tie rod ends aren’t used – ever!
- Mounting points of all control arms match the original Ford design
- Factory anti-drive built right in
- 1934-1936 Chevy car frames, Master Deluxe
- Heidts crossmembers offer you the choice of Deluxe (welds ground) or Economy (unground welds)
- Constructed of 7-gauge steel
- Mustang II cross members using stock spindles will drop the stock ride height 3-4”
- Built-in Anti-Dive is all fitted to your frame…No Grinding Required! Nothing to measure or trim…It’s All Done!
- One-Piece Shock Cups are T.I.G. welded in place and have anti-dive built in. First class, for your car.
- Vertical Inner Uprights. This is the strongest design available, with twice the weld area. This will keep your frame from twisting!
- Main crossmember made from only 2 formed pieces for maximum strength and accurate fit.
- Crossmember and Spring Towers precut and pre-welded to fit your frame…Nothing to Measure!
- Lower control arm pivot tubes and gussets are NOT included
- Upper fender adapter brackets and/or radiator tabs included
- Works with manual rack and pinion ONLY
For a LARGER selection at a LOWER price, see Speedways collection of mustang II crossmembers.
Choose from the crossmembers below and add to an IFS kit to get a "hub to hub" front suspension.
Note: Additional items may be needed to complete installation. You may want to include our Mustang II ride height adjusters (91034444) for installation with these crossmembers to fine tune your final ride height up to 2".
NOTE: This crossmember is designed to be used with a manual rack only. A "power"rack-and-pinion interferes with the radiator and/or the radiator support brackets.
Item Details1934-35 Chevy, Master
Complete installation may require you to purchase corresponding a-arms, shocks, springs, brake kit, spindles, and steering rack and pinion
NotesOverall Benefit: In a word, "handling". While installing a Mustang II can look like a lot of work, in reality, the improved handling and ride quality are worth the effort. Combine that with improved stopping ability due to numerous brake options and it becomes more a question of “Why wouldn’t you?”. The independent suspension will give you a much better ride because there is double the suspension travel. A stock axle will give you maybe 2-1/2” of total travel vs. a Mustang II which will give you about 4-1/2”- 5” of travel. There are multiple spring rates available to accommodate varied applications and the rack and pinion steering is much more responsive than a standard steering box.
Drop: This varies and is dependent on application and options. Most kits drop the vehicle by 3-4”. Drop spindles and running lower profile tires than stock also adds to the amount of drop that can be achieved.
Track Width: You may want to mount custom wheels to your Mustang II conversion and determining proper track width for your application is essential for figuring correct backspacing and overall ride stance. Standard wheel base is 56-1/2” with a 60” version available for trucks. The various options for brake kits will vary this somewhat and some kits can add roughly 2” to the overall track width. Narrowed arms are available to move the wheel in by 5/8” on each side. See the link below for various track widths with different options.
Assembly Notes: The holes for the lower control arms are 1/2″ (stock). If you will use tubular lower A-Arms instead of the stock lower arms, the lower pivot holes will have to be drilled out to 5/8″. Lower control arm pivot tubes and gussets are NOT included.
These crossmembers will work with stock control arms. If used with stock arms, these will require strut rods and strut mounts for installation. Speedway crossmembers DO NOT include strut rod mounting brackets. We recommend either our offset or no-strut control arms or the tubular strut rod (91034322).
This crossmember is designed to be used with a manual rack only. A "power"rack-and-pinion interferes with the radiator and/or the radiator support brackets.
Note: Applications where the vehicle has fenders that mount directly on top of the frame, the fenders will require extensive modification to allow clearance for the upper cross member section.
More Like This
Garage Sale - Speedway Mustang II Crossmember, 1934-36 Chevy-Economy
1932 Ford Straight Front Spreader Bar, Black
Speedway 1932 Ford Weld-On Tubular Center Crossmember Kit
1941-48 Ford Crossmember
SOCALOOK® VW Beetle Front Crossmember for Straight Axle Front End
1932 Ford V-Style Front Cross Bar, Chrome
1935-40 Ford Car Rear Crossmember
1932 Ford Straight Rear Spreader Bar, Polished Stainless
Speedway Mustang II Crossmember for 1948-1952 Ford Pick-Up Frame, Weld-On
Garage Sale-Speedway Mustang II Crossmember-34-35 Chevy-STD-Economy