HANS Device Sport Series, Post Anchors, 20 Degree, Large
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
The HANS device stands for Head and Neck Support. It was designed with you and your family in mind. The goal in racing is to go faster than anyone else on the track and cross the finish line first. And as technologies increase speeds, it also increases the risks. Remember, you a have a family to go home to when the night of racing is over.
The primary difference between the Pro Series and the Sport Series is the weight. There is no difference in the safety protection offered with either one. The Sport Series weighs approximately 2.25lbs. We offer both models with quick disconnect sliding tethers. This gives you the most mobility and vision. You will need a 1/4" drill bit and a measuring tape to install the HANS device anchors to your helmet. Complete instructions and a special tool are included.
The injection molded super structural gives the same protection as the Pro Series. It weighs about 2.25lbs but has a more attractive price.
Hans Device Sizing Chart (Link)
QuickStart Guide (PDF)
Anchor Instructions (PDF)
SFI Recertification Notice (Link)
NOTE: These items will only be shipped to an address in the US, Canada and Mexico.
To select the HANS device for you, you will need to know a couple of things:
1) What degree of angle is your seat?
- The most common are: 0-10 degree (upright & many sprint cars), 20 degree (most common, modifieds, stock cars, sprints), 30 degree (200lbs or more)
2) What does your neck measure?
- The most common are: Medium (13.5"-17"), Large (16"-20")
SpecsTorque Specifications for HANS Device Fasteners
Detailed torque specification for HANS Device anchors and tether carriers
(A) Helmet Anchor Torque Specifications
Torque specs for the indexing post screw are:
30 Inch Pounds (in-lbs) OR
3.4 Newton Meters (N-m) which is similar to:
Finger tight plus one quarter turn additional.
(B) Tether Clamp Torque Specifications
FIXED TETHER CARRIERS
Torque specs for the screws holding the metal fixed tether clamps are:
20 Inch Pounds (in-lbs) OR
2.25 Newton Meters (N-m)which is similar to:
SLIDING TETHERS CARRIERS
Torque specs for the screws holding the orange sliding tether carriers are:
8.0 Inch Pounds (in-lbs) OR
0.9 Newton Meters (Nm) which is similar to:
Item DetailsIncludes post anchors and sliding tether
You may also be interested in:
HANS DK 11243-321 Hans Device Sport II-20 -Large-PA-SA-Sliding Tether$695.99Price: $599.99More Info
HANS DK12044-321 Adjustable Hans Device, Post Anchor, SA, LargePrice: $795.99More Info
- Rounded collar improves fitting
- Same performance as all HANS Device models
- Injection molded – lighter than Sport I, heavier than Pro Series
- New DuPont polymer reduces weight
- For SA helmet applications only
- Only available for 20 degrees seats
The HANS Adjustable™ provides award-winning HANS performance in any type of car.
- Adjustable angle from 10 to 40 degrees fits all types of cars and seats
- Easy to adjust in 5 degree increments – providing more comfort
- Sliding tether
- Post Anchor clips
- SA hardware (Nutwashers included with SA hardware)
- Weight: 970 grams
- Size: Large
Altering The Angles (PDF)