Global West Suspension TBF-7 1968-73 Mustang Lower Control Arms
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Global West tubular lower control arms improve the geometry of the stock Mustang suspension while adding much needed strength.
- Stock length, non-adjustable design
- Uses screw-in style ball joints
- Accepts stock strut rods or Global West adjustable strut rods
- Spherical bearing eliminates suspension bind
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Global West Suspension MNR-733 1967-1973 Mustang Upper Control ArmsPrice: $589.99More Info
Mustang Tubular Control Arms - Strut BushingsPrice: $89.99More Info
Global West Suspension ASR-6 1968-73 Mustang Adjustable Strut RodsPrice: $369.99More Info
KYB 343146 Excel-G Front Gas Shock, 4.92 Stroke, 14.25 Ext, 9.33 CompPrice: $23.99More Info
KYB KG4517 Gas-a-Just Front Shock, 4.41 Stroke, 14.02 Ext, 9.61 CompPrice: $41.99More Info
Global West Negative Roll tubular upper control arms improve the geometry of the stock Mustang suspension while adding additional strength. The arms come pre-assembled and are supplied with billet steel cross shafts, Del-A-Lum low friction bushings, ball joints, and instructions.
- Requires drilling new mount holes in your shock tower
- Includes drill template
- Changes camber curve when used with Global West lower arms
- Generates negative camber to keep tire foot print flatter on the pavement
- Gain improved cornering and longer tire life
Stock '68-'73 Mustang strut rods used a flimsy rubber bushing to control fore & aft movement of the wheel during suspension travel. This design was prone to deflection during hard acceleration and braking. A more positive approach to the problem would be to install an adjustable strut rod kit with a spherical rod end in place of the rubber bushing. Global Wests strut rods are designed as a bolt on application. No welding or frame modifications are required. When using a strut rod design of this nature, the deflection is totally eliminated. The suspension no longer deflects fore and aft. The vehicle now sees a lower a-arm rather than a two component system (strut rod & lower arm).
- Bolt on application, no frame modifications
- Allows you to dial-in your front suspension
- Adjusting sleeve uses standard open-end wrench, no special tools required
- Rods are powercoated black
- Hardware included
The KYB Excel-G line is the only full line of shocks and struts specifically calibrated and built to help restore a vehicles originally designed ride control performance, not change it. They're manufactured with the same quality components as OEM. So if you want your vehicle to perform the way it was designed to, the Excel-G is the right choice.
- Calibrated to compensate for worn suspensions
- Components and valving are designed specifically for each application
- Designed to help restore OE performance for normal driving conditions
- Built with quality that matches or exceeds OE
- Extended Length: 14.25"
- Compressed Length: 9.33"
- Stroke: 4.92"
- Position: Front
The KYB Gas-a-Just monotube shock has two possible purposes. First, it's a direct OE replacement if your vehicle came with a monotube. Second, the Gas-a-Just is also performance upgrade for vehicles that came factory direct with a twin tube. It can also increase steering responsiveness by as much as 30%. The monotube design never experiences shock fade and the high gas pressure can automatically add performance for more aggressive driving conditions or for heavier loads.
- The correct replacement for monotube equipped vehicles
- A performance upgrade for twin-tube equipped vehicles
- The monotube design is more responsive and automatically adjusts to driving conditions
- Provides a firmer ride and additional control
- Extended Length: 14.02"
- Compressed Length: 9.61"
- Stroke: 4.41"
- Position: Front