Global West Suspension TBF-7 1968-73 Mustang Lower Control Arms
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Global West tubular lower control arms improve the geometry of the stock Mustang suspension while adding much needed strength.
- Stock length, non-adjustable design
- Uses screw-in style ball joints
- Accepts stock strut rods or Global West adjustable strut rods
- Spherical bearing eliminates suspension bind
You may also be interested in:
Global West Suspension MNR-733 1967-1973 Mustang Upper Control ArmsMore Info
Mustang Tubular Control Arms - Strut BushingsMore Info
Global West Suspension ASR-6 1968-73 Mustang Adjustable Strut RodsMore Info
Global West Negative Roll tubular upper control arms improve the geometry of the stock Mustang suspension while adding additional strength. The arms come pre-assembled and are supplied with billet steel cross shafts, Del-A-Lum low friction bushings, ball joints, and instructions.
- Requires drilling new mount holes in your shock tower
- Includes drill template
- Changes camber curve when used with Global West lower arms
- Generates negative camber to keep tire foot print flatter on the pavement
- Gain improved cornering and longer tire life
Stock '68-'73 Mustang strut rods used a flimsy rubber bushing to control fore & aft movement of the wheel during suspension travel. This design was prone to deflection during hard acceleration and braking. A more positive approach to the problem would be to install an adjustable strut rod kit with a spherical rod end in place of the rubber bushing. Global Wests strut rods are designed as a bolt on application. No welding or frame modifications are required. When using a strut rod design of this nature, the deflection is totally eliminated. The suspension no longer deflects fore and aft. The vehicle now sees a lower a-arm rather than a two component system (strut rod & lower arm).
- Bolt on application, no frame modifications
- Allows you to dial-in your front suspension
- Adjusting sleeve uses standard open-end wrench, no special tools required
- Rods are powercoated black
- Hardware included