Garage Sale - Speedy's 9 Super 7 Carburetor - Chrome
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Speedway Motors now offers a reproduction version of one of the most popular carburetors ever used, the original Stromberg 97! Original equipment on '30s and '40s cars and trucks, the Stromberg 97 has long been favored by flathead hot rodders and racers who realized the performance qualities of this timeless fuel supplier.
There have been numerous attempts to reproduce this unit, with little success. "Speedy" Bill Smith of Speedway Motors in Lincoln, Nebraska, took on the challenge to make a great product even better. The 9 Super 7 ® Carb brings this reproduction of the original Stromberg 97 into the 21st Century!
Speedway Motors has incorporated all of the improvements shown above while maintaining the carburetor's original look. Features such as the choke assembly, accelerator pump, jets and cosmetics have all been faithfully retained. Additionally, each carburetor is individually flow tested and inspected for leaks. Perfection is the result!
This Carb is Garage Sale priced because it has some light scratches from being on display.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
- Speedy's 9 Super 7 ® features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock carb.
- Includes base gasket.
- Note: There is no provisions for a vacuum advance line. Ford & Mercury engines 1949-1953 using stock distributors will need an alternative place to connect the vacuum line.
- Replacement Jet Access Plug Gasket = 91011542
- Replacement Needle & Seat Gasket = 91011543
Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM