Garage Sale - Pertronix Chevy Flame Thrower Billet Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Replace your outdated points, electronic distributor or bulky HEI with this performance proven system. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and start it up! Features the reliable and accurate Ignitor II pickup module for maximum performance in a compact package. Compatible with most most CD ignition systems (MSD 6-Series, etc.).
Fits S/B and B/B Chevy V8. For even more performance, consider adding a Flame-Thrower coil for increased spark energy and higher RPM potential. Distributor cannot be used with solid core (wire core) ignition wires.
- CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housings offer maximum strength
- Housing is hand polished and buffed to a high luster
- Tempered distributor shaft for accurate timing and extended operational life
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing provide high RPM stability
- Ignitor II module with adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the RPM range
- Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting function permits multiple settings
- Factory set with a performance advance curve
- Additional springs for custom advance curves are provided
- High dielectric strength cap and rotor with brass terminals and contact
447-10070 Instructions (PDF)
This distributor is garage sale priced because the cap was broken in shipping.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
- This distributor has both a "mechanical advance" (with return springs and advance weights that swing out dependent upon engine rpm) and a "vacuum advance" canister on the side of the distributor body. The vacuum advance uses a small vacuum hose that attaches to the carburetor which allows the ignition to be advanced during periods of high intake manifold vacuum (part-throttle and deceleration mostly) which contribute greatly to engine efficiency, economy, cooling, and throttle response.
- A small allen wrench inserted into the vacuum hose connection of the vacuum canister allows the tuner to adjust the amount of vacuum-induced advance. Different advance weights and return springs from an “Advance Weight Kit” intended for a GM points-type distributor (such as our 550-927) can be used to vary the rate and amount of advance induced by the increase of engine rpm.
- With more radical or “lopey” cams, the mechanical advance becomes more important. The vacuum signal becomes erratic in those situations and the vacuum advance canister becomes ineffective.
- Diameter at base of cap on outside of hold down boss is 5”. Cap is 4-1/32” tall.
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
PerTronix 45001 Flame-Thrower II Chrome CoilMore InfoCompare
MSD 8437 Chevy V8 Distributor CapPrice: $25.99More InfoCompare
MSD 8467 Points Type Racing RotorPrice: $10.99More InfoCompare
Flame-Thrower II coils feature a super low 0.6 Ohm primary resistance which make them the ideal coil for Ignitor II ignition systems, Flame-Thrower billet distributors, as well as many other high energy ignitions. Low resistance and improved turns ratio help to produce up to 45,000 volts. This higher voltage enables you to run larger spark plug gaps for added power and better fuel economy.
These coils are also compatible with most capacitive discharge boxes.
All MSD Extra Duty Distributor Caps are designed with performance in mind and are molded from high quality, voltage insulating material and use low resistance terminals.
These rotors are designed with high rpm and performance in mind which is why they are standard on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors. Both rotors are injection molded from Rynite material for incredible strength and high dielectric properties. Plus the stainless steel/brass rotor trip is also screwed in place so it can handle extreme rpm and high heat conditions.
The rotors feature deep molded vanes to stir up the air inside the cap to prevent spark ionization. The rotor screws are set deep in the housing to prevent spark scatter.
547-8467 Instructions (PDF)