The Mahle PowerPak pistons are a race proven lightweight forged design that are complete with rings, wrist pins and locks. They are also completely phosphate coated plus feature an anti-friction Grafal skirt coating. PowerPak pistons are made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances, and improved temperature stability.
1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm file fit performance ring set is included. For 350 c.i. S/B Chevy (4.000" bore x 3.48" stroke).
- Comp Height 5.7" Rod: 1.550
- Pin Diameter: 0.927
- Clearance Guide
- *Meas. = 0.500
- Min = 0.0025
- Max = 0.0033
*The location to measure piston-to-wall clearance for each application. This point is calculated from the bottom of the piston skirt and indicates the widest part of the piston and thus where to measure. For all Mahle 350 pistons except 4V Flat 503-55004 for which Meas. = 0.465
PowerPak Piston Chart Application (GIF)
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
- Forged piston for performance applications Fully-machined crown
- Grafal anti-Friction coating on skirts
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling
- Pin bores binished on CNC boring equipment
- High strength, light weight steel pins
- Race proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pak
- Lightweight slipper kirt forgings
- Mahle’s Grafal skirt coating reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
- Phosphate coating provides the grey appearance to the Mahle piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oiling system of the engine reaches operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and microwelding. The piston crown is still machineable.
C/R 58cc=9.5, 64cc=9.0, 70cc=8.4
Piston Weight: 483 g
Rod Length: 5.7"