Garage Sale - Ford 9 Inch Rear Drum Brake Kit, 11 Inch, 2-3/8 Offset
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
We offer these rear drum brake kits for the popular 9" Ford rear axle. Each kit has new 11" drums, 2-1/4" wide brake shoes, backing plates, wheel cylinders, springs, emergency arm and hardware. Fits Old style big Ford housings with 2-3/8" axle offset and 3.15" axle bearing. Drums have 5 on 4-3/4", 5 on 5", and 5 on 5-1/2" bolt patterns.
- Reconditioned Parts (cleaned and re-plated):
- backing plate
- cable slide
- adjuster cap & lever
- All New Parts:
- wheel cylinders
- riveted linings
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
- Drum Center Hole: 2.875" I.D.
- Drum Overall Width: 3.75" (sitting on bench, from bottom to top at the center)
- Axle Flange Maximum Diameter: 7.625"
You may also be interested in:
Ford Racing 11 Inch Drum Brake Kit, 2-1/2 OffsetMore Info
Ford 9 Inch Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake KitMore Info
Wilwood 290-0632 Hi-Temp 570 Degree Racing Brake FluidMore Info
Red Line 80402 CV-2 Synthetic GreaseMore Info
We offer these rear drum brake kits for popular 9" Ford rear axles. Each kit has new 11" x 2-1/4" drums, backing plates, shoes, wheel cylinders, springs, emergency brake arm and hardware.
Fits New style Big Ford housing with 2-1/2" axle offset and 3.15" axle bearing. Drums drilled for 5 on 4-1/2" bolt pattern.
If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a rear disc brake kit and still have to weld the bracket on, we've got you covered. This kit includes bolt-on caliper brackets, 11-1/4" vented rotors, '78-'88 GM metric style calipers, brake pads and hardware.
- Fits both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" bolt circles
- For Ford passenger car axles ONLY
- Fits axle with maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" O.D.
- For 15" and larger wheel applications ONLY
NOTE: This bolt on brake kit is designed to be used on 8" and 9" housings using 3/8" retaining bolts. If you want to use it on a 9" housing with 1/2" bolts, you will need to use the 3/8" hardware to do so. Fits "old" and "new" style big bearing (3.150" bearing O.D.) Ford housings and with axle offsets of a minimum 2-3/8" to 2-1/2".
910-31902 Instructions (PDF)
Wilwood's specially formulated Hi-Temp 570° Racing Brake Fluid has a minimum 570 degree dry boiling point to withstand the severe heat requirements of automotive racing. Hi-Temp 570's low viscosity allows easy bleeding of your brake system, eliminating aeration of the brake fluid caused by foaming due to excessive pumping of the pedal.
This high temp brake fluid comes in a convenient 12 ounce container hermetically sealed to guarantee against unwanted absorption of moisture which can drastically lower the fluids boiling point (fluid from larger containers tends to become contaminated with moisture, lowering its boiling point and making it unsuitable for racing applications).
- Dry Boiling Point: 573° F
- Wet Boiling Point: 313° F
8352900632 Instructions (PDF)
Red Line’s team of chemists formulate fully-synthetic lubricants using only the world’s finest base stocks. At Red Line, it’s not designed to be the cheapest – it’s built to be the best. Red Line only uses superior polyester-based products – resulting in lubricants that are extremely stable at high temperatures.
Synthetic CV-2 grease provides excellent water resistance, low temperature flow, and its very high melting point allows it to be used in high temperature wheel bearings, high angle and conventional CV-joints, chassis lubrication and many industrial applications.
- Outperforms the best conventional or synthetic greases and lubes
- Excellent high-temp stability, extreme-pressure protection, and water resistance
- Used in a variety of applications with operating temps from -100°F to 500°F
- Strong resistance to oxidation and corrosion, low evaporation and oil separation with a minimum effect on rubber seals
- Contains an organic moly for chassis lubrication and high temp/high speed industrial equipment
- Synthetic fluidity allows increases in bearing life up to 200%
- Contains a red moly compound which is a superior lubricant to black moly disulfide lubricants