Garage Sale - Currie 31 Spline Axle, 26-3/8 Inch long
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Currie axle made to work in the 56" centered Speedway Motors Ford 9" rear housing (910-46100). Our matched axle to complete the set is part number 910-46109 (28-5/8" long).
Drilled with 5 on 4-1/2 and 5 on 4-3/4 bolt patterns.
This axle is garage sale priced because it has been assembled and is missing the wheel studs.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
Item DetailsThis axle is garage sale priced because it has been assembled and is missing the wheel studs.
You may also be interested in:
Currie CE-98129-28625 28-5/8 Long Rear AxlePrice: $199.99More Info
Bare 56 Inch Centered 9 Inch Ford HousingMore Info
Currie axle made to work in the 56" centered Speedway Motors Ford 9" rear housing (910-46110). Our matched axle to complete the set (910-46108). 26-3/8 inches long. Drilled for 5 on 4 1/2 and 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern.
- 9 Inch Ford
- 31 Spline
- 28-5/8 Inch Long
- 20-30% stronger than factory axles - increased depth allows for flex without breaking
- Drilled for both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" wheel bolt patterns
- Includes both 7/16"-20 and 1/2"-20 wheel studs
- Compatible with "Big Ford - New Style" housing and brakes with 2-1/2" offset
- Includes a set-20 bearing and retainer you will have to press on
- Axles sold each, not as a pair
Need a certain length not found on our site? Check out Currie's 9+ Rearend Calculator to have specially sized axles or rearend housings made for your specific application. Custom orders will be built and processed directly through Currie Enterprizes and shipped to your door. For ease of ordering, please refer to Currie's Dimension Diagram.
When installing new axles in rearends with posi traction differentials, be sure to install the driver's side axle first to keep the splines properly aligned. Failure to do so may move the two splined gears out of alignment, and it may be difficult to install the driver's side axle properly if the passenger side axle is already installed.
If installation of passenger side axle is done first it may require two people when installing the driver's side axle, with both parties rotating reach axle until splines are in line and the driver's side axle fully sides into the housing.
To ensure you get the most out of your new 9 Inch components, Currie recommends that you perform a proper break-in process:
- Use a name brand mineral-based gear oil, preferably 85w140 (Extremely high quality synthetic oils may be used once break-in process has been successfully performed)
- Place vehicle on jack stands and let the rearend spin while the vehicle idles - run transmission in both forward and reverse periodically throughout the process
- Continue to run the rearend until the pinion gets hot (place hand on bottom of the differential housing to verify this)
- Proper break-in allows:
- The ability to install new axles and hit the track the same day without worry
- Extended life for rearend components
- Keeps the quality and life of your gear oil
Note: If you find that your rearend is running somewhat "tight" be sure to add Currie's 9+ Friction Modifier to "loosen up". If a more aggressive performance is desired, Friction Modifier is not needed.
Our economical 9" Ford rear axle housing features a reclaimed center section, new 3" axle tubes, and new-style Ford ends. Total track width is 56" from hub-to-hub. You will need one 26-3/8" long axle and one 28-5/8" long axle. Includes 8 T-bolts for the axle bearing retainer plates and 10 studs for the 3rd member.
Third member sold separately.
Note: The pumpkin is centered in the housing, which puts the pinion 1" offset from center.