Garage Sale - ARP Import Head Stud Kits
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
These Pro series studs from ARP are cold-forged to ensure molecular integrity. They are heat-treated prior to thread rolling and machining and are rated at a whopping 190,000 psi. The Pro series kits are also available with 12-point nuts, and all kits come complete with hardened parallel washers for an even load distribution and accurate torque readings.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
SpecsIt is for good reason that virtually every top professional engine builder relies on ARP Pro Series head studes for their all-out competition power plants. Simply stated, there's not a better stud on the market today.
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Flathead Cylinder Head Stud KitMore InfoCompare
ARP Fasteners 134-4001 Small Block Chevy Head Stud KitMore InfoCompare
Dart Iron Eagle Assembled Chevy Heads, Angle Plug, 200cc/64ccMore InfoCompare
Enginequest IMCA/WISSOTA Small Block Chevy Cylinder HeadsMore InfoCompare
Performance engine builders know that head studs are superior to bolts, and this is especially the case on Flathead Ford and Mercury V8s. Flathead decks are thin and their threads are easily stripped. By installing studs, you avoid damaging the threads in the block through repeated use. The combination of the studs fine outer threads and hardened washers also prevents galling and ensures accurate torque readings, particularly on aluminum heads.
- Studs utilize superior "pull down torque"
- Properly fastens and torques both aluminum and iron heads
910-15310 Instructions (PDF)
Item Details1939-1948 or 1949-1953
Install an ARP Small Block Chevy (SBC) head stud kit to enhance cylinder head sealing, ensure consistent torque values and help prevent damage to threads in the block.
All kits come with aerospace-quality nuts and parallel-ground, hardened washers.
Not for raised runner heads.
These complete Dart Iron Eagle Platinum cylinder heads are professionally assembled right here at Speedway Motors. We offer three different versions of each head (Street Ready, Flat Tappet Ready, Roller Ready) to perfectly suit your racing needs.
- Standard 23 degree valve angle
- Standard port location and intake bolt pattern fit most manifolds
- Pushrod holes enlarged for clearance with high ratio rocker arms
- Heart shaped chambers improve combustion efficiency
- Multi-angle intake seats and radiused exhaust seats dramatically increase airflow
- Hardened exhaust seats compatible with unleaded gasoline
- Manganese bronze intake valve guides and phosphorous bronze exhaust valve guides extend cylinder head life
- Spark plug holes are machined for tapered seat 5/8" hex "peanut" spark plugs
- Dual bolt pattern accepts flange mount and center bolt valve covers
Head Application Chart (GIF)
Roller Ready - Please specify cam lift in comments section when ordering.
Iron Eagle Tech Notes (PDF)
Dart Installation Note (PDF)
Recommended Spark Plug: 14 mm, 5/8" hex, .460 reach, taper seat
Item DetailsAngle Plug
200cc Intake Runner, 64cc Combustion Chamber
This head is engraved and serial numbered by Engine Quest for IMCAs Sport Mods, Stock Cars, and Hobby Stocks. Now approved for WISSOTA Midwest Mods and Street Stocks.
Assembled heads will include the following:
- 3/8" screw in studs # 915-99156
- 76 cc combustion chamber
- 176-178 cc intake runners
- Straight plug
- 1.94/1.50 intake/exhaust valves #910-14140-1 & 910-14145-1
- Available bare or assembled and blue printed
- Heavy duty valves
- Retainers and locks # 915-39741 & 577-555
- 1.25" high-performance valve springs # 180-671515
- Three angle valve job
Item DetailsStraight Plug
1.94/1.50 Intake Valves