Garage Sale - ACL P-Series Main Bearings - Small Block Chevy 400
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
ACL P-Series Duraglide tri-metal main bearings for Small Block Chevy 400 c.i. V-8.
Use P-Series main bearings in situations where higher eccentricity is desired and to provide increased oiling to rod bearings.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Elgin EPL-4 Assembly Lube, 4 Oz.Price: $5.99More InfoCompare
Clevite P-Series Small Block Chevy 400 Main BearingsPrice: $84.99More InfoCompare
King HP Series Chevy 400 Main BearingsFrom: $54.99More InfoCompare
Eliminates galling, metal transfer and oil starvation during initial break-in. Adheres to metal surfaces, will not drain off. Apply to bearings, gears, crankshafts, cam lobes, valve stems, lifters and all mating parts with close tolerances.
For gas, alcohol and nitro engines.
Learn why using assembly lube is so important in our tech article, Installing New Hardware.
Not to be confused with standard "passenger" car bearings, Clevite's P-Series is their oldest line of premium high performance bearings. These sets are specifically for 400 c.i. Small Block Chevy V-8 engines (1970-1980).
- Use P-Series rod bearings where extremely high RPM’s cause severe rod bore close-in.
- Use P-Series main bearings where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns and to provide increased oiling to rod bearings.
P-Series Features (Link)
- Bi-metal aluminum silicon alloy featuring fine micro-bore finish
- Mains and rods are narrowed for large radius crankshafts
- Mains are 3/4 grooved for improved oiling to the rod journals
- Greater rod bearing height improves bearing-to-bore contact/heat transfer and reduces spin potential at high RPM
- 0.015" thick top layer for superior macro particle embedability and conformability
- 40 Vickers hardness to resist overlay migration and extrusion
- 450°F heat threshold for superior protection against friction and overheating