78-Up GM 10-Bolt w/7.5 Inch Ring Gear Rear End Differential Axle Cover
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Add some visual attitude to your rear axle with these chrome differential covers. They're stamped from heavy-gauge steel to ward off those pesky oil leaks, and chrome plated for long lasting good looks.
GM 10-Bolt 7.5 Inch Rearend Differential Cover
- Approximately 10-3/4" side to side
- Approximately 10" up and down
- It has a squared off oval shape
- Mounts with 10 bolts
- Many 1978-Up GM midsize cars
- 1982-Up Camaro/Firebird
- S-10/S-15 pickups
You may also be interested in:
Rear Axle BreatherMore Info
Red Line 58204 Heavy Shockproof Synthetic Gear Oil, 1 QuartPrice: $17.99More Info
Richmond 92-0775-2605 Powertrax GM 7.5 10-Bolt Locking DifferentialPrice: $479.99More Info
GM TH350/TH400 Oil Pan Bolt KitMore Info
7.5 GM Differential GasketPrice: $5.99More Info
This rear axle breather will stop lube from being flung out of rear axle housing. Allows "breathing" of rear axle assembly. 7/16"-20 thread. Polished!
Install with thread sealant or Teflon tape. Can be used on various applications with appropriate plumbing components.
Red Line Shockproof synthetic gear oil is designed for heavily loaded racing and street differentials that see heavy shock loading. It contains a unique solid dispersant that cushions gear teeth to help prevent breakage. Red Line Shockproof gear oil provides the protection of a 75W250 with the fluid thickness properties of a 75W90.
Ideal for use in sprint, midget, and dirt late model differentials as well as in rear ends using spools or lockers.
- Fully-synthetic gear oil formula created from polyol ester base stocks offers excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- High viscosity-index to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oil
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear
- Not recommended for most synchro applications due to the product's extreme slipperiness
The 7.5 inch Powertrax Traction System is the latest design in traction adding differential technology. It combines the smooth operation of a limited-slip differential, with the traction performance of a locking differential. A precise synchronization mechanism eliminates the ratcheting sounds typical of other locking differentials. Special gear and spring design reduce the backlash and therefore driveline windup. An ultra-strength alloy material is used throughout, which is 67% stronger than titanium.
Installation is simple because no ring and pinion set-up is required. In addition, no special tools or oils are needed (installs in about one hour). Step by step model specific instructions are provided with every kit.
- Positive traction - full locker
- Delivers engine power to both wheels when coming off the line
- Upgrade and improve your times and your vehicles reputation
- Smooth quiet operation - fully automatic
- 7.5 Inch Powertrax Unit
- Do-it-yourself - installs in about one hour
- No special tools required
- Works for both cars and trucks
- Gives 2-wheel drive trucks the traction power of 4x4's
- Excellent replacement for Posi trac style lockers
- No special gear lube required
- Use 85W-140 in warm climates, 80W-90 in cold climates
Chrome bolt set for TH-350 and TH-400 automatic transmission oil pans.
- Pressed composite
- Fits GM cover 550-3776
- 10 bolt 7.5 GM differentials