G-Comp Unser Edition 1970-81 Camaro Rear Suspension Kit
*This Item Is Currently Not Available
The Unser Edition rear suspension incorporates performance enhancements developed by Team Speedway over the last year of competition. Speedway Motors' G-Comp line of Chevy suspension parts is engineered for performance, strength and value. This G-Comp rear suspension kit is a complete assembly for the 1970-81 Chevy Camaro. This Pro Touring rear kit is an all-new performance system engineered for optimum handling and vastly improved control. The Unser Edition is designed and built to handle the rigors of autocross competition. G-Comp rear kits feature a user-friendly installation and will turn your Chevy Camaro into a real G-machine, ready to take on the autocross, road course, or the street.
The Unser Edition is designed with additional stiffness and race car like adjustability to make the most out of a caged car in autocross competition and high performance driving. The Unser Edition rear kit features 9” Ford Floater Rear End housing for durability, pre-welded and ready to bolt in, with an adjustable Watts Link and anti-Sway Bar.
- Developed by Al Unser Jr. and Robby Unser in 2015 autocross competitions
- Designed to complement the Unser Edition G-Comp front end kit
- Designed to handle the highest level of autocross competition
- Watts link is used to control lateral movement of rear end - precise with no roll bias
- Watts link virtually eliminates sideways movement of the rear end during travel
- Watts link provides equal load distribution for consistent reaction to turning right or left
- Four positions of Watts link mounts allow quick roll center adjustments, links and hardware included
- Kit includes a 9" Ford Grand National (floater style) rear end housing
- Rear end housing has sway bar, trailing arm, and Watts link mounts installed
- Winters Performance 5069 double splined axles are included (31 spline)
- Speedway Grand National 5 x 4-3/4 rear hubs with all bearings, seals and hardware included
- Kit includes a 7/8" solid torsion bar style sway bar
- Allows for a large range of rear ride height adjustment, working with a wider range of shock lengths and mounts
Note: For a successful installation, the trunk floor must be altered to allow room for the Watts link top cradle crossmember to be properly welded in to place.
Recommended Coil-Over Shocks for G-Comp Series Rear Suspension:
- 1061340CT - AFCO Street/Pro-Touring Coilover Shock (non-adjustable)
- 1063845PTCZ - AFCO Pro-Touring/Race Coilover Shock (single adjustable)
- 100206 - AFCO Max Performance/Race Coilover Shock (double adjustable)
Unser Edition kits will test your drive train! Your power will be hooked to the ground, so be prepared!
- Depending on how and where you drive, your car can create huge G forces. You may need to Dry Sump your engine so it won’t starve for oil.
- An oil pressure light is a MUST, as our expert drivers can attest, time is limited during competition to watch the gauges.
- At least one day professional driving class is recommended for cars equipped with engines exceeding 500HP.
To learn more about the G-Comp line of performance muscle car suspension parts, CLICK HERE.
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
More Like This
G-Comp Unser Edition 1967-69 Camaro Rear Suspension Kit
G-Comp 1970-81 Camaro Rear Suspension Kit
G-Comp Unser Edition 1962-67 Chevy II Nova Rear Suspension Kit
1935-40 Ford Composite Leaf Spring Rear Suspension Kit
Speedway Deluxe Coil Spring Hairpin Radius Rod Rear Suspension Kit
Speedway Model T, A, 1932-34 Four-Bar Rear Suspension Kit, Plain Steel
Speedway Rear Suspension Kit
Rear Suspension Kits for Model A Frame 916-57045
1935-40 Ford Four Bar Rear Suspension Kit
Triangulated 4-Bar Rear Supsension Assembly Kit for Model A Frame
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.