G-Comp Unser Edition 1967-69 Camaro Rear Suspension Kit
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
*This Item Is Currently Not Available
The Unser Edition rear suspension incorporates performance enhancements developed by Team Speedway over the last year of competition. Speedway Motors' G-Comp line of Chevy suspension parts is engineered for performance, strength and value. This G-Comp rear suspension kit is a complete assembly for the 1967-69 Chevy Camaro. This Pro Touring rear kit is an all-new performance system engineered for optimum handling and vastly improved control. The Unser Edition is designed and built to handle the rigors of autocross competition. G-Comp rear kits feature a user-friendly installation and will turn your Chevy Camaro into a real G-machine, ready to take on the autocross, road course, or the street.
The Unser Edition is designed with additional stiffness and race car like adjustability to make the most out of a caged car in autocross competition and high performance driving. The Unser Edition rear kit features 9” Ford Floater Rear End housing for durability, pre-welded and ready to bolt in, with an adjustable Watts Link and anti-Sway Bar.
- Developed by Al Unser Jr. and Robby Unser in 2015 autocross competitions
- Designed to complement the Unser Edition G-Comp front end kit
- Designed to handle the highest level of autocross competition
- Watts link is used to control lateral movement of rear end - precise with no roll bias
- Watts link virtually eliminates sideways movement of the rear end during travel
- Watts link provides equal load distribution for consistent reaction to turning right or left
- Four positions of Watts link mounts allow quick roll center adjustments, links and hardware included
- Kit includes a 9" Ford Grand National (floater style) rear end housing
- Rear end housing has sway bar, trailing arm, and Watts link mounts installed
- Winters Performance 5069 double splined axles are included (31 spline)
- Speedway Grand National 5 x 4-3/4 rear hubs with all bearings, seals and hardware included
- Kit includes a 7/8" solid torsion bar style sway bar
- Allows for a large range of rear ride height adjustment, working with a wider range of shock lengths and mounts
Note: For a successful installation, the trunk floor must be altered to allow room for the Watts link top cradle crossmember to be properly welded in to place.
Recommended Coil-Over Shocks for G-Comp Series Rear Suspension:
- 1061340CT - AFCO Street/Pro-Touring Coilover Shock (non-adjustable)
- 1063845PTCZ - AFCO Pro-Touring/Race Coilover Shock (single adjustable)
- 100206 - AFCO Max Performance/Race Coilover Shock (double adjustable)
Unser Edition kits will test your drive train! Your power will be hooked to the ground, so be prepared!
- Depending on how and where you drive, your car can create huge G forces. You may need to Dry Sump your engine so it won’t starve for oil.
- An oil pressure light is a MUST, as our expert drivers can attest, time is limited during competition to watch the gauges.
- At least one day professional driving class is recommended for cars equipped with engines exceeding 500HP.
To learn more about the G-Comp line of performance muscle car suspension parts, CLICK HERE.
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
What's In The KitEach kit from Speedway Motors is carefully packaged and delivered right to your door. Below is a list of all the items you should expect to receive when you order this kit. Some of these items may also be available for sale individually if you're here looking for replacement parts.
Upper X-Member WeldmentPart # 350810.1Qty x 1
XMember Assembly Truck Arm MountPart # 350810.2Qty x 1
Unser Edition Camaro HousingPart # 350800.1Qty x 1
Chevy II Unser Rear ArmsPart # 350400.1Qty x 1
Package, Watts LinkPart # 350810.3Qty x 1
Hardware, Standard CamaroPart # 350800.4Qty x 1
G-Comp Nova Rear Sway BarPart # 350402Qty x 1
G-Comp Floater Rear End ComponentsPart # 350029.2Qty x 1
Winters 5069-27.5 Double Splined Solid Axle, 31 Spline, 27.5 LongPart # 65579031-27.5Qty x 1
Winters 5069-32 Double Splined Solid Axle, 31 Spline, 32 LongPart # 65579031-32Qty x 1
More Like This
G-Comp Unser Edition 1970-81 Camaro Rear Suspension Kit
G-Comp Unser Edition 1962-67 Chevy II Nova Rear Suspension Kit
1935-40 Ford Composite Leaf Spring Rear Suspension Kit
Speedway Deluxe Coil Spring Hairpin Radius Rod Rear Suspension Kit
Speedway Model T, A, 1932-34 Four-Bar Rear Suspension Kit, Plain Steel
Speedway Rear Suspension Kit
Rear Suspension Kits for Model A Frame 916-57045
1935-40 Ford Four Bar Rear Suspension Kit
Triangulated 4-Bar Rear Supsension Assembly Kit for Model A Frame
Speedway Universal Heavy Duty Parallel 4-Link Rear Suspension Kit
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.