Professional Product 30002 Ford Small Block 351W Powerfire Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
This is the easiest to install, easiest to adjust timing - CNC machined distributor you will find. Just drop in as you normally would, hook up the three wires, set the initial timing, run a vacuum line to the advance and you are really ready to dial it in. Literally. This distributor has a knob on the side that allows you to change timing up or down 1/2 a degree at a time. How cool is that? It starts producing a super hot spark at 50 rpm for easy starting and keeps putting our through 10,000 rpm. It also has a small diameter cap to clear tight fit applications. Cap has HEI-style terminals.
Fits 351W Small Block Ford V8.
- Easy 3-wire install with no external spark box necessary
- Precision CNC machining and hand assembled construction
- Patent pending positive lock manual advance/retard knob
- Distributor can be accurately advanced or retarded in 1/2-degree increments on the fly
- Each click of the knob provides a 1/2-degree change to total ignition timing
- Get accurate settings easily
- Accurate super hot spark all the way through 10,000 RPM
- Hardened steel .50” diameter steel shaft with sealed roller bearing upper support and bronze bushed lower support for stability at max RPM
- Powerful magnetic pickup and CNC machined reluctor pickup
- Fully adjustable advance mechanism with easy to use spring and bushing design for a nearly infinite advance curve
- Powerfire module built in for drop-in reliability from 50 to 10,000 RPM.
- Hot cranking spark as low as 50 RPM
- Black anodized base with laser etched timing marks for visibility
- High quality injection molded caps with brass terminals for long life and conductivity
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8207 Blaster SS CoilPrice: $52.99More Info
Moroso Spark Plug Wires, Under Headers, Socket Cap, Ready-To-InstallMore Info
MSD 5541 Street-Fire Spark Plug Wires Set, Ford 302-351W HEI$44.99More Info
MSD 8354 Ford 351W Ready-To-Run Pro-Billet Distributor$449.99Price: $399.99More Info
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition CoilMore Info
Don’t let the compact size of the Blaster SS Coil fool you, because it is packed with performance! The efficient E-core windings are designed to produce high amounts of current without sacrificing the voltage output. In fact, when used with an MSD 6 Series Ignition, the Blaster SS produces 300 milliamps with a maximum voltage output of 40,000 volts! The secondary windings are wound on a segmented bobbin which reduces the chance of voltage breakdown between the primary and secondary windings. For more protection, these windings are encased in a polyurethane compound for complete protection against vibration. The Blaster SS features brass terminals and a sturdy Rynite housing. It is supplied with a 90° boot, terminal and vibration mounts. A great addition to CD Ignitions and some stock applications.
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions
- Efficient winding design and assembly creates a compact housing
- Primary and secondary windings are encased in Ciba polyurethane
- 70:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Dupont Rynite housing with a tall tower and brass primary terminals
547-8207 Instructions (PDF)
If you have ever tried to put plug wires together yourself, you know how fustrating it can be. These pre-assembled Moroso 8mm spiral core wires are fiberglass reinforced with a silicone outer layer. Wires have 90° boots on both ends. Available in red or black for small block Chevy.
Note: Standard Cap = Socket-style Cap = Points-style Cap
The Street Fire Spark Plug Wires feature a low resistance conductor that’s wrapped in a sleek and durable black sleeve. The terminals are covered in black boots that protect the conductor from engine heat to ensure spark delivery.
- Helically wound conductor suppresses electro and radio noise
- Kevlar core combination for great strength and durability
- Heavy duty terminals for secure connection
- 8mm silicone and synthetic jacket resists heat and abrasion
- 500 Ohms per foot resistance for improved spark delivery and power
- Silicone boots protect against high exhaust temps
MSD’s Ready-to-Run Ford Distributors are the perfect upgrade for bulky DuraSpark systems or ancient breaker point models. These distributors come complete and ready-to-run. All you need to do is drop it in the engine, connect three wires and fire the engine.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
547-8354 Instructions (PDF)
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD ignition, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Special 100:1 windings, kept cool in an oil filled metal canister, are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
For use with stock or MSD electronic ignitions. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two plug wire boots, terminals, and jumper wire
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved