Garage Sale - Professional Products 30001 S/B Ford 289-302 Powerfire RTR Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
This is the easiest to install, easiest to adjust timing - CNC machined distributor you will find. Just drop in as you normally would, hook up the three wires, set the initial timing, run a vacuum line to the advance and you are really ready to dial it in. Literally. This distributor has a knob on the side that allows you to change timing up or down 1/2 a degree at a time. How cool is that? It starts producing a super hot spark at 50 rpm for easy starting and keeps putting our through 10,000 rpm. It also has a small diameter cap to clear tight fit applications. Cap has HEI-style terminals.
Fits 289-302 Small Block Ford V8.
- Easy 3-wire install with no external spark box necessary
- Precision CNC machining and hand assembled construction
- Patent pending positive lock manual advance/retard knob
- Distributor can be accurately advanced or retarded in 1/2-degree increments on the fly
- Each click of the knob provides a 1/2-degree change to total ignition timing
- Get accurate settings easily
- Accurate super hot spark all the way through 10,000 RPM
- Hardened steel .466” diameter steel shaft with sealed roller bearing upper support and bronze bushed lower support for stability at max RPM
- Powerful magnetic pickup and CNC machined reluctor pickup
- Fully adjustable advance mechanism with easy to use spring and bushing design for a nearly infinite advance curve
- Powerfire module built in for drop-in reliability from 50 to 10,000 RPM.
- Hot cranking spark as low as 50 RPM
- Black anodized base with laser etched timing marks for visibility
- High quality injection molded caps with brass terminals for long life and conductivity
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8207 Blaster SS CoilPrice: $52.99More Info
Moroso Spark Plug Wires, Under Headers, Socket Cap, Ready-To-InstallMore Info
MSD 8352 Ford 289-302 Ready-To-Run Distributor$449.99Price: $399.99More Info
MSD 31329 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires Set, Small Block Ford, HEI CapPrice: $89.99More Info
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition CoilMore Info
Don’t let the compact size of the Blaster SS Coil fool you, because it is packed with performance! The efficient E-core windings are designed to produce high amounts of current without sacrificing the voltage output. In fact, when used with an MSD 6 Series Ignition, the Blaster SS produces 300 milliamps with a maximum voltage output of 40,000 volts! The secondary windings are wound on a segmented bobbin which reduces the chance of voltage breakdown between the primary and secondary windings. For more protection, these windings are encased in a polyurethane compound for complete protection against vibration. The Blaster SS features brass terminals and a sturdy Rynite housing. It is supplied with a 90° boot, terminal and vibration mounts. A great addition to CD Ignitions and some stock applications.
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions
- Efficient winding design and assembly creates a compact housing
- Primary and secondary windings are encased in Ciba polyurethane
- 70:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Dupont Rynite housing with a tall tower and brass primary terminals
547-8207 Instructions (PDF)
If you have ever tried to put plug wires together yourself, you know how fustrating it can be. These pre-assembled Moroso 8mm spiral core wires are fiberglass reinforced with a silicone outer layer. Wires have 90° boots on both ends. Available in red or black for small block Chevy.
Note: Standard Cap = Socket-style Cap = Points-style Cap
MSD’s Ready-to-Run Ford Distributors are the perfect upgrade for bulky DuraSpark systems or ancient breaker point models. These distributors come complete and ready-to-run. All you need to do is drop it in the engine, connect three wires and fire the engine. Each distributor features an ignition module that produces a powerful inductive spark to improve combustion of the fuel mixture resulting in quick starts, smooth idle and increased performance. The billet aluminum housings of these distributors are 5/8” smaller in diameter to accommodate induction setups and tight engine compartments.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
547-8352 Instructions (PDF)
Wires feature 'straight' boots with 90 degree boots on the ignition end.
The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire is "the" performance wire. Engineered from the inside out, the 8.5 offers everything you have ever wanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance without electronic interference! In a single 12 inch of low resistance wire there is only 40-50 ohms of resistance! That is the lowest resistance of any helically wound wire.
MSD uses a copper alloy conductor due to it's great voltage carrying capabilities. The low resistance results in less loss in spark energy so more reaches the spark plug. The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. There is over 40 ft of conductor wrapped into a 1 ft of plug wire. This winding procedure, with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) "choke". This suppression capability keeps the EMI inside the wire where it cannot interfere with other electronics. The sleeve surrounding the conductor assembly is just as impressive. A proprietary blend of silicone and synthetic material produce a sleeve that is highly resistant to high heat as well as abrasion and tears.
Learn how to properly attach new spark plug terminals and boots by reading our tech article. How to Install Spark Plug Wire Ends.
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD ignition, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Special 100:1 windings, kept cool in an oil filled metal canister, are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
For use with stock or MSD electronic ignitions. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two plug wire boots, terminals, and jumper wire
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved