Ford 8 Inch Ring and Pinion Gears
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
You may also be interested in:
DVD - Richmond Gear Installation InstructionMore Info
Lubrication Engineers SAE 140 Weight Gear Oil, 1 GallonMore Info
Red Line 58204 Heavy Shockproof Synthetic Gear Oil, 1 QuartMore Info
Premium 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 28 SplineMore Info
Premium 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 31 SplineMore Info
8 Inch Ford Rear End Overhaul KitMore Info
Shows you how to properly install ring and pinion gear sets. Packed with information for correct installation procedures.
Whether you're running a stock flattie and rearend or hopped-up overhead and quick change, you need to run a good gear lube. Remember that your rearend was designed fifty plus years ago and needs all the help it can get. The biggest improvement you can give it is a lubricant that will allow the gears to survive the highway speeds that cars see today. L.E. gear oil is what we use in our 350 mph streamliner, that uses a V-8 quick change, without failure. The "red stuff" provides superior lubrication for long gear life. You can't win if you don't finish. We suggest 90 weight for the street and 140 weight for extreme uses.
- Formulated using blends of high quality paraffinic and synthetic base fluids
- Contains a highly shear stable tackiness
- Unique blend of base fluids and thermally stable EP additives
- Separates readily from water
- Contains non-silicone defoaming additives
- Contains no solids
- Contains DUOLEC LE's proprietary dual acting liquid wear-reducing and extreme pressure additive
LE Gear Oil Data Sheet (PDF)
Red Line Shockproof synthetic gear oil is designed for heavily loaded racing and street differentials that see heavy shock loading. It contains a unique solid dispersant that cushions gear teeth to help prevent breakage. Red Line Shockproof gear oil provides the protection of a 75W250 with the fluid thickness properties of a 75W90.
Ideal for use in sprint, midget, and dirt late model differentials as well as in rear ends using spools or lockers.
- Fully-synthetic gear oil formula created from polyol ester base stocks offers excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- High viscosity-index to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oil
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear
- Not recommended for most synchro applications due to the product's extreme slipperiness
Our forged, heat-treated 8620 steel mini spools are designed to replace the spider gears inside the stock differential carrier. This premium mini spool features a larger diameter for maximum strength. It works great for most dirt applications and some asphalt.
For Ford 8 or 9" rear axles. Will NOT work on posi carrier. Use with 3/4" chromoly cross pin (listed).
Our forged 8620 steel mini spools are designed to replace the spider gears inside the stock differential carrier. This premium mini spool features a larger diameter for maximum strength. It works great for most dirt applications and some asphalt.
- For Ford 8 or 9" rear axles.
- Will NOT work on posi carrier.
- Use with 3/4" chromoly cross pin (listed) # 655-7520.
Ford 8" Overhaul Kit includes all bearings, pinion nut, pinion seal, gasket, shims, crush collar, sealant, gear marking grease, brush and Loctite.