Flo-Tek 102505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Straight Plug
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (50)
What's in the Box
You don't sacrifice quality for a low price - get both with a Flo-Tek aluminum cylinder head. This Chevy aluminum head is loaded with high end features like bronze valve guides, multi angle valve job, and 3/8" screw-in rocker studs with guideplates. This is a pre-1986 design small block Chevy cylinder head with a standard exhaust port design.
These fully assembled heads have single valve springs (with flat wire inner damper) with a seat pressure of 130 lbs. They are compatible with solid (mechanical) flat tappet or hydraulic flat tappet cams with up to .550 lift. Valves used are +.100" long and must be used in conjunction with aftermarket aluminum roller rocker arms to clear valve springs used which are 1.46" diameter. The valve springs on these heads have 115 lbs @ 1.900" installed height and 240 lbs of open pressure at .550" lift which is the max lift spec as well. Heads are sold each.
- Head is sold individually
- 180cc intake runners
- 62cc exhaust runners
- 64cc combustion chambers
- 2.02" and 1.60" stainless steel valves
- High performance springs for .550" lift
- Compatible with most flat tappet camshafts
- Five angle valve job
- Bronze guides
- Viton positive valve seals
- Straight plug
- 3/8" screw-in studs and guide plates
- Port for temperature probe
- Weighs 28 pounds assembled
- Valve Lift .400" .500" .600"
- Intake 206 237 244
- Exhaust 165 177 187
- 271C57YC spark plugs (14mm thread, 5/8" hex, flat gasket, .750" reach)
- Fel-Pro 1034 or 1010 head gaskets
- +.100" length hardened pushrods (use length checker to establish correct length)
- Torque head bolts in 3 stages
- Upper bolt torque: 50 lbs, 65 lbs, then 80 lbs.
- Lower bolt torque: 50 lbs, 65 lbs, then 75 lbs.
Our Techs Recommend:
- Rocker Arms: 57533501 or 57523501
- Cam and Lifter Kits: 282122102 or 282122112 (for mild street use and hot rod sound without having to use a higher stall converter for an automatic transmission)
- Intake Gasket: FelPro 1205 gasket works best with this head (if using a 1204 you will need to do a little trimming around the ports)
Note: The heads will accept radical street cams such as number 282122144 but other requirements will need to be addressed along with this cam choice.
Valve springs are suitable for most hydraulic flat tappet and mild street hydraulic roller camshafts