Flathead V8 to Ford AOD Transmission Conversion Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (11)
What's in the Box
Adapt your 1949-1953 Ford Flathead V8 engine to a modern Ford AOD automatic overdrive transmission so you can keep those stump-pulling low rear end gears, while still maintaining engine life and gas mileage. Plus, the lightweight flexplate and torque converter do wonders for throttle response and stop-and-go driving!
This kit includes Speedways Street King AOD Ford transmission compltely remanufactured with heavy duty clutches, special shift kit, torque converter, engine adapter, special flexplate, modified 12-volt starter, hardware and instructions.
Transmission has a one year warranty.
NOTE: Must be used with open drive rearend (not included). Cooler, shifter, and chrome dress-up parts are sold separately. Fill tube, dipstick and kickdown cable are included.
Item Detailsfor 1949-53 Ford Flathead V8
- 1949-1953 Ford 8BA and 8CM Mercury Flathead V8 engines without integral bellhousing
Speedway Street King AOD transmission features:
- Handles up to 450 HP
- 2200-2400 rpm stall torque converter
- Firm, crisp shifts from Kevlar bands & H.D. clutches
- Extra wide overdrive band & extra 3-4 clutches to cushion downshifts
- Street/Strip Valve Body - everyday street driving and weekend trips to the drag strip
- Improved Lubrication Circuits - reduced heat/prolonged life
- Chrome steel transmission pan
- Includes TV pressure cable, dipstic, & fill tube
All warranty issues should be addressed to:
Performance Automatic, Inc.
Attn. Harvey Baker
8174 Beechcraft Ave.
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
You may also be interested in:
Aluminum Heatsink Transmission Cooler, 12 InchView$39.99Compare