Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (6)
What's in the Box
The Flaming River Performance Vega Steering Box is an all new unit designed specifically for street rods. This box is 30% stronger than the OEM box, and it uses a needle bearing design to far outlast the original bushing design of the 70's. The Vega Steering Box features new castings and components. A faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations and no core charge.
- Manufactured from aircraft steel alloy
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction will give years of high-mileage service
- New needle bearing design
- Crowned sector provides higher torque at center position reduces vibration and provides for more natural return of steering wheel
- 30% stronger worm and nut
- 30% stronger sector
- Bigger gears
- Chrome cap
- Bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets
- Accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories
- 5/8"-36 spline input shaft
Must use Vega Pitman Arm # 702-2924.
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- The Vega-style box is preferred by most builders due to the steering geometry of straight axle equipped cars.
- Not Recommended for Vehicles over 3,000 lbs.
- Output shaft is 1" outside diameter
- Splined area tapers from .934" to .997"
- Threaded area takes a 3/4" nut and lock washer
You may also be interested in:
Unisteer 1928-32 Ford Cross-Steer Rack and PinionView$369.99Compare
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering BoxView$729.99Compare
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering BoxView$999.99Compare
Classic Performance VEGA-PSB Vega Power Steering BoxView$299.99Compare
Speedway Vega Power Cross Steering Gear Box ComboView$349.99Compare