Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Flaming River Performance Vega Steering Box is an all new unit designed specifically for street rods. This box is 30% stronger than the OEM box, and it uses a needle bearing design to far outlast the original bushing design of the 70's. The Vega Steering Box features new castings and components. A faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations and no core charge.
- Manufactured from aircraft steel alloy
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction will give years of high-mileage service
- New needle bearing design
- Crowned sector provides higher torque at center position reduces vibration and provides for more natural return of steering wheel
- 30% stronger worm and nut
- 30% stronger sector
- Bigger gears
- Chrome cap
- Bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets
- Accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories
- 5/8"-36 spline input shaft
Must use Vega Pitman Arm # 702-2924.
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- The Vega-style box is preferred by most builders due to the steering geometry of straight axle equipped cars.
- Not Recommended for Vehicles over 3,000 lbs.
- Output shaft is 1" outside diameter
- Splined area tapers from .934" to .997"
- Threaded area takes a 3/4" nut and lock washer
More Like This
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1541C Chrome Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Flaming River FR1541 Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Flaming River FR1498 1967-70 Mustang Manual Steering Box
Flaming River FR1541TEC Chrome Tech-T Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Sweet Mfg. 301-30235 Power Steering Servo, .235 Lite-Medium
Sweet Mfg. 301-30250 Power Steering Servo, .250 Medium
KSE Racing KSG7061-185 700 Series Steering Box, 6:1, .185 Valve