Economy Battery Disconnect Switch
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Durable plastic battery kill switch with removable red key. This battery disconnect switch is a two post design. Battery shut off switch can be remote mounted or where specified for saftey and convenience.
- Quick and easy method to guarantee security and safety
- No more worries about slow battery drain from non-use
- Ideal theft deterrent, easily mounts under the hood
- A must for many racing associations
910-64502 Instructions (PDF)
You may also be interested in:
Remote Battery TerminalsMore Info
Top Post Battery Disconnect SwitchMore Info
Four Post Battery Disconnect SwitchMore Info
Accel 1843 Battery Cable, 3 Feet, 2 Gauge, Black Ground Cable$24.98Price: $21.99More Info
Longacre 44897 Carbon Fiber Starter Switch Panel, Cover & Master Switch$64.99Price: $59.99More Info
Memory Guard for ElectronicsMore Info
Remote battery terminals allow fast, convenient charging of the battery between races. Sold as a pair.
Requires a 1.270" hole for mounting. Threaded stud is 3/8".
A battery disconnect switch is the easiest, most convenient way to save battery life on vehicles that are being stored for extended periods of time. This compact battery kill switch is perfect for those projects with room on the top of the battery. Battery shut off switch installs directy to the negative post of your top post battery and connect your negative battery cable inline with the switch. Simply rotate the knob to cut power.
Battery disconnect switch for safety and theft protection. Required for use with alternator cutoff by NHRA. Battery shut off switch can be remote mounted or where specified for saftey and convenience. This battery kill switch featues a die cast lever.
Rated at 180 amp continuous, 1000 amp instantaneous.
910-64501 Instructions (PDF)
ACCEL battery wire is half the weight of traditional battery cable. The copper clad aluminum design allows your racecar to have the same amount of energy and power running thru your battery cables but at half the weight. This allows you to lighten up your car or add weight were it will help the car handle better.
- 3 Feet universal battery grounding cable- 2 Gauge ground wire in black
- Lightning cable is half the weight of standard battery cable
- Copper Clad aluminum allows maximum energy transfer
This composite panel is made of lightweight molded ABS featuring a carbon fiber pattern that matches Longacre's new composite gauge panels. The starter panel features a high capacity ignition switch with a aircraft style cover. The ignition switch is easy to turn off in an emergency but will not turn off from vibrations. Starter button has a rubber switch boot to seal out moisture. Manual battery disconnect switch features a bright red panel for easy disconnect during an emergency.
- Great looking Composite Panel - Lightweight molded ABS with a carbon fiber pattern
- Matches our new Composite Gauge Panels
- High capacity ignition switch with weatherproof cover and pilot light
- Starter button with rubber switch boot to seal out moisture
- Assembled and wired, 40 amp @ 12v DC
- Plugs into Longacre wiring harness (not included)
- Pre-wired with high insulation 'Fat' wires and soldered terminals with heat shrink seals
- Manual battery disconnect switch with a bright red handle
- Easier to find in an emergency
- Prevents battery drain
- 175 amp continuous rating, 6-36 volt, 1000 peak
If you'd like to use a battery disconnect switch but don't want your computer or radio memory to reset each time you cut the power, you need the Memory Guard. The Memory Guard hooks across the terminals of your battery disconnect and has a 3 amp fuse in it.
This device permits the flow of the very small amount of energy necessary to preserve your computer's volatile memory, while simultaneously preventing a flow of energy sufficient to start the engine, so no one can steal your automobile and the battery life will hardly be affected! If anyone tries to start your car, it will pop the fuse.
It's ideal for all vehicles with a radio with memory or clock and those running a fuel injection system.