Dynatech® 780-01100 Exhaust Turn Down w/ Vortex® Cone, 3 In
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Vortex® Turn Down is expanded to slip over the collector outlet or tailpipe. Greater sound reduction can be achieved by directing the outlet away from meter or sound test point. U-tab mounting hardware is included.
- Steel construction
- Painted black finish
- Compact size fits all racing applications
- Ultra lightweight - less than 1/2 lb. each (cone)
- Little or no power loss
- Easy bolt-in installation
- Turn down with insert cone available in 3" diameter
How it works: The Vortex® Insert Cone installed near the exit of the header collector or muffler outlet provides a large friction area to reflect and dissipate sound energy, thus reducing the dB level. The open area of the cone is actually greater than the area of the collector or exhaust pipe, thus reducing a back pressure condition. Because no significant back pressure has been introduced, the engine is still able to use the scavenge ability of a good header to create horsepower and torque. Dyno and track tested show significant noise reduction with little or no power loss.
Q & A
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.