Deluxe Disc Brake Kit, 1955-1964 Chevy Full-size Car, Stock Spindle
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These kits allow you to mount front disc brakes on your 1955-1964 Chevy full-size car (Bel-Air, Biscayne, Impala, 150 Series, 210 Series). Front disc brakes provide a significant improvement in braking performance versus the drum brakes your old Chevy came with. This disc brake kit works with stock, drum brake spindles only - it does not work with 2" drop spindles. Kit will work with 14" wheels intended for disc brake applications, as well as most 15" (or larger) wheels.
Rotors are 11" diameter with 5 on 4-3/4" bolt pattern and calipers have 7/16"-20 inlets. This kit will increase track width 7/8" per side or 1-3/4" total when installed.
- 11" Rotors
- 5 on 4-3/4" - bolt pattern
- Metric calipers
- Calipers mount behind axle (rearward)
- Will work with 14" & larger wheels intended for use with disc brakes
- Bearings, pads, brackets included
- Seals and hoses
- Hardware included
- Increases trac-width 7/8" per side
- For '55-'64 Chevy fullsize cars.
910-31911 Instructions (PDF)
- This kit will not work with the original '55-'64 Chevy 4-wheel drum brake master cylinder. It does not have the capacity to supply the proper amount of pressure for front disc brakes. For best results, we recommend using master cylinder booster kit 910-31974 with this front disc brake conversion.
- Front drum-to-disc brake conversions also require a proportioning valve to be installed in the rear brake line circuit. The proportioning valve modulates pressure to the rear brakes which is necessary to prevent the rear brakes from locking up in an emergency stop situatiuon. Recommended master cylinder booster kit 910-31974 also incudes an adjustable proportioning valve to allow for a proper installation of front disc brakes.
NotesFor '55-'64 Chevy fullsize cars. Will work with 14" and larger wheels intended for use with disc brakes. Will not fit 2" drop spindles. Kit does add 1-3/4" total track width (7/8" per side). Includes rotors, calipers, caliper brackets, bearings, seals, brake pads, brake hoses, and hardware.
What's In The KitEach kit from Speedway Motors is carefully packaged and delivered right to your door. Below is a list of all the items you should expect to receive when you order this kit. Some of these items may also be available for sale individually if you're here looking for replacement parts.
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1955-64 Chevy Fullsize Car, Stock SpindlePart # 91631931Qty x 1
1969-1972 GM Midsize 11 Inch Brake Rotor, 5 on 4 3/4 InchPart # 91065390Qty x 2
IMCA 1978-1988 GM Metric Caliper, LH Left Hand, 7/16-20 Inlet, RacingPart # 91031045-LQty x 1
IMCA 1978-1988 GM Metric Caliper, Right Hand, 7/16-20 Inlet, RacingPart # 91031045-RQty x 1
Replacement Tapered Outer Wheel Bearing Cone, Speedway/Metric ChassisPart # 912TLM11949Qty x 2
Inner Wheel Bearing ConePart # 912TLM67048Qty x 2
Replacement Axle/Hub Grease Bearing Seal, 1.87 x 2.40 x .27 InchPart # 912S18543Qty x 2
Speedway Soft Street Brake Pads, GM Metric 1978-UPPart # 9193381Qty x 1
Spindle Nut Kit for Speedway 49-54 Chevy and 1953-82 GM SpindlesPart # 910616005Qty x 1
Front Disc Brake Hardware KitPart # 9103141.1Qty x 1
More Like This
Speedway 1955-57 Chevy Car Front Disc Brake Kit
Speedway Deluxe 1964-74 GM Car Front Disc Brake Kit
Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4In
Mustang II Complete 11 In Front Disc Brake Kit, 5 x 4-3/4 GM BP
Deluxe Disc Brake Kit 1965-1968 Chevy Full Size Car
1967-1970 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit
Brake Kit: 1969-77 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindles, Chevy B-P
Deluxe Disc Brake Kit 1947-1959 Chevy Half-Ton Pickup
Disc Brake Kit 1978-88 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4 In
Front Disc Brake Kit, GM Mid-size to 1949-54 Chevy Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4