Deluxe 1949-54 Chevy King Pin Set
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Speedway deluxe king pins are a great improvement over stock-style king pins. They replace the original brass king pin bushings with precision needle bearings that provide superior strength, better lubrication and easier steering. They're simple to install and are an easy, cost-effective way to upgrade your 1949-54 Chevy suspension, as well as tubular or I-beam street rod axles using 1949-54 Chevy spindles.
Use with 916-32100 or 916-32104 spindles.
910-32117 Instructions (PDF)
- This deluxe king pin kit requires the spindle bore to be enlarged to a minimum of 1.0620" and a maximum of 1.0630" to properly accept the king pin bearings.
You may also be interested in:
Standard 1949-54 Chevy King Pin SetPrice: $39.99More Info
Speedway 1949-54 Chevy Car Modified Spindles w/ Deluxe King PinsPrice: $309.99More Info
Red Line 80402 CV-2 Synthetic GreasePrice: $11.99More Info
These kingpin kits come complete with bushings, bearings and locks. All standard kingpin bushings must be reamed or honed to exact size after installation in your spindles.
Note: These kingpins will fit stock 1949-54 Chevy passenger car spindles as well as Speedway reproduction 1949-54 Chevy spindles 916-32100.
910-32123 Instructions (PDF)
Speedway has produced these new forged steel reproduction car spindles. They have many features not available with GMs' original design! These spindles are the choice of professional builders because of their clean look, strength and ease of installation.
- Made to direct mount Mustang II hubs and rotors plus many other later GM's
- Kingpin geometry changed to work with current radial tire construction
- Deluxe kingpins feature modern needle bearing inserts that replace the standard brass bushings
- Deluxe kingpins are ideal for use on heavier street rods that require superior strength, better lubrication and easier steering
- Spindle nuts NOT included (sold separately)
Red Line’s team of chemists formulate fully-synthetic lubricants using only the world’s finest base stocks. At Red Line, it’s not designed to be the cheapest – it’s built to be the best. Red Line only uses superior polyester-based products – resulting in lubricants that are extremely stable at high temperatures.
Synthetic CV-2 grease provides excellent water resistance, low temperature flow, and its very high melting point allows it to be used in high temperature wheel bearings, high angle and conventional CV-joints, chassis lubrication and many industrial applications.
- Outperforms the best conventional or synthetic greases and lubes
- Excellent high-temp stability, extreme-pressure protection, and water resistance
- Used in a variety of applications with operating temps from -100°F to 500°F
- Strong resistance to oxidation and corrosion, low evaporation and oil separation with a minimum effect on rubber seals
- Contains an organic moly for chassis lubrication and high temp/high speed industrial equipment
- Synthetic fluidity allows increases in bearing life up to 200%
- Contains a red moly compound which is a superior lubricant to black moly disulfide lubricants