Have you ever been to the races and heard how nasty the cams sound? COMP Cams has developed the Thumpr series of cams that give you every day drivability but have that nasty race engine sound. Pick the cam that fits your application, add a set of COMP Cam hydraulic lifters and you will be the talk of the town.
Thumpr Camshafts are a new series of retro-fit hydraulic roller and hydraulic flat tappet cams designed for use in a variety of small and big block V8s. The aggressive exhaust note of a Thumpr cam comes from a combination of early exhaust valve opening, long exhaust duration and a generous amount of intake and exhaust overlap - maximizing the rough-idling characteristics of the cams without negatively impacting power or streetability.
282-356004 Specs (PDF)
- Stock springs cannot be used
- Requires screw-in studs and guide plates
- Adjustable valve train required
- Requires machining on cylinder heads
- RPM range: 2000-5800
- Valve timing: 0.006
- Lobe-center angle: 107
- Intake centerline: 102
- Valve lash: hydraulic
- Duration: 279 intake, 297 exhaust
- Duration @ .050" lift: 227 intake, 241 exhaust
- Valve lift: 0.49 intake, 0.475 exhaust
- Lobe lift: 0.306 intake, 0.297 exhaust