Have you ever been to the races and heard how nasty the cams sound? COMP Cams has developed the Thumpr series of cams that give you every day drivability, but have that nasty race engine sound. Pick the cam that fits your application, add a set of Comp Cam hydraulic lifters and you will be the talk of the town.
High performance street/strip, needs 9:1 compression, 2500+ stall, intake, gears and headers, rough idle.
Thumpr Application Chart (GIF)
282-126014 Specs (PDF)
- Stock springs cannot be used
- 50-State legal on ‘93 & earlier S.B. Chevrolet V8, 262-400 c.i.
- RPM range: 2200-6100
- Valve timing: .006
- Lobe-center angle: 107
- Intake centerline: 102
- Valve lash: intake/exhaust - hydraulic
- Duration: 287 intake, 305 exhaust
- Duration @ .050" life: 235 intake, 249 exhaust
- Valve lift: .489 intake, .476 exhaust
- Lobe lift: .327 intake, .317 exhaust