Clevite H-Series 1955-69 Small Block Chevy Rod Bearings
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Clevite's H-Series was developed primarily for use in NASCAR type racing, but they are suitable for all types of competition engines. These sets are specifically for 1955-1969 265-283-302-327 S/B Chevy "small journal" engine (with 2.000" rod journals).
- H-Series bearings should be used if contact patterns obtained with P-series parts are too narrow. Contact pattern should ideally cover 2/3 to 3/4 of the bearing surface.
- If you aren't sure which type of performance bearing to start with, the H-Series will be your best choice.
- The X001 option gives you .001" extra oil clearance
H-Series Features (Link)
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Elgin EPL-4 Assembly Lube, 4 Oz.Price: $5.99More Info
Clevite P-Series 1955-69 Small Block Chevy Rod BearingsPrice: $49.99More Info
Eliminates galling, metal transfer and oil starvation during initial break-in. Adheres to metal surfaces, will not drain off. Apply to bearings, gears, crankshafts, cam lobes, valve stems, lifters and all mating parts with close tolerances.
For gas, alcohol and nitro engines.
Learn why using assembly lube is so important in our tech article, Installing New Hardware.
Not to be confused with standard "passenger" car bearings, Clevite's P-Series is their oldest line of premium high performance bearings. These sets are specifically for 265-283-302-327 S/B Chevy "small journal" engines built from 1955-1969 (with 2.00" rod journal).
- Use P-Series rod bearings where extremely high RPM’s cause severe rod bore close-in.
- Use P-Series main bearings where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns and to provide increased oiling to rod bearings.
P-Series Features (Link)