Pro Shocks SM400 Chrome Mustang II Replacement Shock
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Stock mount style, modern gas cell shock. Fits where your original Mustang II shock went. Lower mount accepts a 7/16" bolt. Has a 10" ride height.
- The outside to outside measurment of the mounting pin/bushing is 3.38".
You may also be interested in:
Pro Shocks C-500 Stud Cover for ShocksPrice: $12.99More Info
Mustang II Coil Spring CushionMore Info
Mustang II Bolt-On Coil-Over Kit w/ Carrera ShocksMore Info
Monroe Shocks 32118 Monro-Matic Plus Mustang II Front ShocksMore Info
Front Shock Rubber Bushing KitPrice: $4.99More Info
Polished aluminum. Trick way to clean up frame area on your Mustang II! Fits any 3/8" x 24 thread studs.
These are just like the stock Mustang II used on top of the front coil spring to eliminate noise and binding.
These kits provide the highest quality performance characteristics for your Mustang II front end. The unique "half barrel" shape springs are designed specifically for use with the Carrera coil-over shocks and the factory upper spring pocket. This enables the use of a longer spring, which allows for a lighter overall spring rate. By building the upper section of the spring to factory dimensions, this puts the weight back into the frame instead of on a single stud.
- For stock-to-2" lowered cars (no less)
- Fixed, non-adjustable valving
- Developed for high performance with increased travel
- Fully adjustable ride height using included aluminum spanner nut
- Easy bolt-in installation
- Unique spring fits the stock upper seat in the frame
- Includes 2 chrome body shocks, mounting kit, 2 chrome-plated springs (choose specific rate)
NOTE: Not recommended for front axle weights in excess of 1900 lbs.
Spring Rate Chart (Link)
Coil-Over Mounting Guide (GIF)
Monro-Matic Plus shock absorbers are nitrogen gas charged and feature velocity sensitive valving and all weather fluid, which offers improved comfort at an economical price. Direct factory replacement shock (OEM geometry) for the Mustang II front suspension.
- Compressed Length: 8-3/8"
- Extended Length: 11"
- Travel Length: 2-5/8"
- 5/8" diameter piston rod is nitrocarburized for long service life
- Large 1-3/8" bore provides more efficient and consistent control
- All Weather Fluid contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Nitrogen gas helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration
- Special "Self-lubricating" fluid seal retains gas without excessive wear or friction
- 2" reserve tube contains more fluid for consistent performance
- Full Displaced Valving provides better valving range on both the compression and extension cycles of the unit for a smooth, comfortable ride
- Includes bushing, 3/8" nut and washers
- For stud style front shocks