This kit uses the Offenhauser Dual 1949-1953 Flathead Ford V8 intake with 9 Super 7® carbs. In includes two carbs, the intake, air cleaners, linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required.
Said to be its most popular flathead intake, Offenhauser’s 2x2 Regular intake has closely spaced carbs that will clear the stock generator. The Offy regular dual intake accepts two 3-bolt carbs. Great addition to a street oriented engine. Has 4-3/4" carb centers.
The 9Super7 Carb ® makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required to do so with our kits is a Uni-Syn syncing tool and a little patience. Be sure to include the Secondary 9 Super 7 when installing 3-carb setups. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7® in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
- Carb Centers: 4-3/4"
- Carb pads are angled as they were on stock 49-53 intakes
- Front drivers side accessory hole is for draft tube and measures 1.25"
- Rear drivers side accessory hole is for oil fill tube and measures 1.375"
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
Note: If used with our progressive linkage kit, the front carburetor will need to be set as the primary.
9 Super 7® Linkage Instructions (PDF)
915-11657 9 Super 7® Carb Instructions (PDF)
Has room for generator in stock location, but generally requires an offset bracket. If using a GM alternator, use our chrome 916-67909
or plain 916-67910
Note: There are no provisions for a vacuum advance line. Ford & Mercury engines 1949-1953 using stock distributors will need an alternative place to connect the vacuum line.
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9 Super 7 ® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
See what other industry experts are saying about the 9 Super 7 ® here.