Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor w/ MSD Module
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (3)
What's in the Box
If you are racing on a budget, and you need to replace your worn out HEI distributor, this is your best option! These NEW distributors feature with steel gear and mechanical advance for longer starter and flywheel life. Includes cap and rotor with brass terminals, vacuum advance lock plate to eliminate the vacuum module, and an MSD module good to 9000+ RPM. Module features a built-in externally adjustable rev limiter.
Works with cap mounted coil (sold separately) or convert to external coil and ignition box. We have experienced better reliability using an EXTERNAL coil that will withstand the heat & vibration of racing. Includes instructions to simplify installation & eliminate confusion.
910-12341 Instructions (PDF)
Item Detailswith Mechanical Advance and Adjustable Rev Limiter
For oval track racing use, this distributor can be used one of two ways:
- Use a cap mounted coil (sold separately) along with the 9000+ RPM MSD internal module. For the best performance and reliability use a 15 volt battery and alternator.
- Use an external coil adapter, MSD ignition box and coil. Usually you can remove the internal module for maximum RPM. This set-up is better suited to withstand the severe heat & vibration of racing.
- Application: Race/Street
- Timing Gear: Steel
- Module: 9000 RPM
- Adjustable Rev Limiter: Yes
- Module Output: 7.5 amps
- Mechanical Advance
- Vacuum Advance w/ Lockout Plate
MSD Module Instructions (PDF)
You may also be interested in:
Speedway SBC/BBC Chevy V8 HEI Distributor w/ OE ModuleView$119.99Compare