Chevy Anti-Pump Up Hydraulic Lifters
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Anti-pump up design for dependability at high RPM. These are racing lifters, not stock replacements. Maximum RPM potential of 6500 to 7000 RPM. Set of 16. Fits all 1955-86 Chevy V8.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Adjustment Procedure: Adjust nut to "zero lash" and turn adjustment nut 1/8" - 1/4" turn. These hi-rev lifters do not use as much pre-load as a stock lifter.
You may also be interested in:
Small Block Chevy Sportsman Steel Roller Tip Rocker Arms, 1.5:1, 3/8 StudMore Info
Rhoads Lifters 8178X V-Max Chevy LiftersMore Info
Isky Racing Cams RL-48 Camshaft Rev Lube, 4 Oz.More Info
COMP Cams 159-12 Engine Break-In Lube Oil AdditiveMore Info
Champion Racing Oil 4111H 20W-50 Synthetic Engine OilMore Info
If your class or budget does not allow aluminum or stainless roller rocker arms, check out these steel roller tip rockers. Made from 4340 heat treated chromoly steel, they feature a longer slot to eliminate stud bind issues. Plus, the roller tip minimizes scrubbing (the result of the valve stem pushing hard against the valve guide), reducing friction and freeing up an additional 15 to 30 horsepower over stock rockers.
- 4340 steel rocker body
- Adds up to 30 HP over stock rockers
- Excellent replacement for stock or sportsman engines
- Eliminates noise & slop associated with worn or high mileage rockers
- Includes polylocks and grooved balls
Rhoads V-Max lifters increase low-end torque and engine vacuum up to 50% more than original Rhoads lifters. They also rev higher, making them ideal for racing classes with vacuum rules. V-Max lifters are fully adjustable and require an adjustable valvetrain.
Typical vacuum increases range between 3 to 5 inches at idle when used with bigger cams. Duration is reduced between 5 and 20 degrees at .050" lift depending on the adjustment. As the rpm increases, so does the lift and duration. Full restoration takes place at approximately 4000 rpm.
611-8178X Instructions (PDF)
Isky Rev Lube is a moly-sulphide paste used to protect cam lobes and tappets, rocker arms, valve stems and guides, push rod ends and distributor drive gears during initial start-up and break-in.
Learn why using assembly lube is so important in our tech article, Installing New Hardware.
ZDDP-enhanced Engine Break-In Lube Oil Additive from COMP Cams provides maximum engine life while also allowing it to reach its full performance potential. It does so by improving the surface mating of valve train components (especially flat tappets), rotating assembly, rod journals, piston rings, valve guides and other vital areas of the engine. This proprietary break-in lube formula includes the optimum amount of critical additives ZDDP (Zinc & Phosphorus), Molybdenum, detergents and high grade base oil.
The multi-viscosity, mineral-based COMP Cams Engine Break-In Oil Additive is fully-formulated and requires no additives or supplements. In addition, the oil is fully compatible with gasoline, methanol and high octane racing fuels.
Modern motor oils have low levels of friction-reducing zinc and are not suited for harsh racing conditions. Champion Racing XP Synthetic Blend Engine Oil is specifically formulated for competition engines that use high octane gasoline or exotic racing fuels.
- High levels of zinc (ZDDP) anti-wear additive
- Dyno proven to increase horsepower by reducing friction
- Offers film strength and viscosity stability at higher temperatures
- Formulated for the protection of flat tappet cams, roller cams and bearings in turbo and supercharged racing engines
- Increases high-temp oil pressure and compression
- Compatible with all racing fuels including methanol
- Provides upper cylinder anti-wear protection
- Reduces engine oil temperature
- Compatible with other petroleum and synthetic oils
Ideal for sprint cars, midgets, stock cars, dragsters and other extreme-duty applications. Also works great for breaking in new engines.